Xiaomi has released the Redmi 9C in South Africa – this marks the company’s “latest step in making high-performance, smart and innovative technology accessible to everyone”.
This low-budget device boasts an AI optimised triple camera, powerful 5000mAh high-capacity battery and 6.53” Dot Drop display. The Redmi 9C features a MediaTek Helio G35, an octa-core gaming chipset which can go up to 2.3GHz.
Here’s a closer look at the Redmi 9C’s key specifications:
- Display – 6.53” HD+ Dot Drop display, 400 nit (typ) brightness, Colour contrast ratio: 1500:1 (typ), TÜV Rheinland Low Blue Light certification, Reading mode
- Rear Camera – 13MP main camera, 2MP macro camera, 2MP depth sensor
- Front Camera – 5MP front camera
- Dimension – 164.9 x 77.07 x 9.0mm
- Processor – MediaTek Helio G35, 12nm process technology, Octa-core CPU, up to 2.3 GHz
- Weight – 196g
- Security – AI Face Unlock
- Charging – 5000mAh (typ) battery, Supports 10W wired charging, 10W in-box charger
- Network – Support Dual 4G standby
- Connectivity – Micro USB, 3.5mm headphone jack
- System – MIUI 12 based on Android 10
- Variant – 2GB+32GB, 3GB+64GB, Expandable storage up to 512GB
- Available Colours – Midnight Grey, Sunrise Orange, Twilight Blue
Retailing at R2,399 and R2,599 for the 32GB and 64GB devices respectively.
Infinix Launches the Zero 8 Smartphone in Kenya
Infinix has launched its newest flagship device – the Zero 8 – in Keyna. The smartphone has been designed with the ‘stylish and fashion-forward’ consumer in mind, says the tech company.
The Zero 8 comes with Android v10 OS, a Media Tek Helio G90 processor, 128 GB ROM and 8 GB RAM. It is powered by a 4500 mAh battery and is 4G, 3G and 2G-enabled.
A key feature is the device’s cameras, both on the front and at the back. On the front, for the first time ever, Infinix has released a device with two selfie cameras (48 + 8MP), fitting them in a punch-hole setup. At the back, there’s a 64-megapixel main sensor headlining the quad-camera setup housed in the diamond-style bump.
Follow IT News Africa on Twitter