Altis Biologics, an award winning company specializing in the development of osteogenic biomaterials for use in skeletal regeneration therapies has been confirmed as brand sponsor for the upcoming Healthcare Innovation Summit Africa 2017.
In what will be the 3rd edition of Healthcare Innovation Summit Africa (#HISA2017), this year’s conference is set to take place on 29 and 30 August at VodaWorld in Johannesburg, and will bring together leaders and professionals from government, public and private hospitals, CIOs and IT Managers in healthcare, health-tech entrepreneurs and startups, technology solution providers as well as academics.
HISA 2017 will feature provocative panel discussions, interactive roundtable discussions and a roster of thought-leading, incisive speakers.
About Altis Biologics:
Altis Biologics (Pty) Ltd is a company specializing in the research and development of osteogenic biomaterials for use in skeletal regeneration therapies in man.
The technological basis underlying Altis Osteogenic Bone Matrix (OBM) are the bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs), a family of growth factors capable of inducing new bone formation commencing shortly after implantation into human recipients. The company has also developed an injectable delivery system based entirely on bone matrix.
The company also specializes in the purification of type I collagen from porcine bone matrix, which is used as delivery system for porcine BMP complex.
Altis OBM is an implant material intended as an alternative or substitute to traditional bone graft products, which usually involve the harvest of bone from the patient’s own hip, or which employ allograft donor bone supplied by bone tissue banks. Altis OBM is injected into the skeletal site requiring regeneration of new bone, without the need to perform a second bone graft operation. Altis OBM may offer a safe and effective alternative to traditional autogenous grafting procedures still in popular use today.
Here are just 5 reasons why you should be part of Healthcare Innovation Summit Africa:
1. Learn about the latest innovative solutions in the healthcare sector.
2. Hear from Health-Tech entrepreneurs and policy makers from the continent.
3. Explore developments in the use of technology in the healthcare sector.
4. Hear from successful organisations that have implemented game-changing health-tech solutions.
5. Enjoy an unparalleled networking platform and secure new opportunities and partners.
Key topics at HISA will include:
- Developing a Digital Transformation Strategy for your Healthcare Facility
- How Practical is Robotic Healthcare within the African Context?
- Will doctors become obsolete?
- Delivering personalised healthcare with the power of IoT
- Role of Big Data, Predictive Analytics and Cognitive support in healthcare
- Healthcare IT Leaders Forum
- Driving Down the Total Cost of Care with Technology