According to the developers of the NSE Ticker, the app equips investors with tools to understand the Nigerian Stock Exchange and analyse its data. NSE Ticker is the first of a series of apps designed to help improve access to leading stock markets in Africa.
According to the developers, the Nigerian Stock Exchange is one of the fastest growing stock markets in the world. Despite its enviable position, accessibility to the NSE has been impeded by the lack of mobile applications for analysing, presenting and consuming data on the NSE – a huge gap in a world where market transactions are conducted in real time.
The app developer also revealed that the NSE Ticker equips novice and professional investors as well as stock market enthusiasts with tools to: Analyse the NSE, easily seek out the best and worst performing companies from an ocean of stocks, and make informed investment decisions.
NSE Ticker employs an easy-to-use interface and presents data on the NSE using four services namely: Prices, Compare, Heat Map, and Snapshot.
Prices covers the following:
– Historic price charts and trade volume charts for all NSE securities.
– Delayed real-time price, price change and percent change.
– High resolution PDF prints for price/volume chart.
Compare covers the following:
– Compare prices for up to 12 securities on the same chart.
– Normalised y-axis for easy comparison.
– Compare trade volumes for up to 12 securities.
Heat Map covers the following:
– View performance of all NSE securities at a glance.
– Easily pick out the best and worst performers.
– Color codes instantly show the state of the market on any day.
Snapshot covers the following:
– Summary card for each NSE security showing key performance indicators.
– All previously viewed data is cached on the device so users have full access even when they lose connectivity. NSE Ticker also gives users the ability to create high-resolution PDF charts on paper sizes A4 – A0.
NSE Ticker is available worldwide for free on all compatible iPhone and iPad devices running iOS 7.1 and above.