Vodacom announced that it will be launching new smart plans that include unlimited voice calls, unlimited SMSs, loads of data and a range of new value added services. This new offer will be available to contract customers on 07 March 2013.
These new smart plans will introduce customers to a ‘Smart Lifestyle’ which is simple and easy to understand, helps customers to get the most out of their new smart device and mobile Internet lifestyle, and an experience that is far more than just megabytes and minutes.
The proposition introduces tariffs plans that include RED, an offer which comprises three plans that have unlimited voice, unlimited text, loads of data and a range of services.
– Data sharing: Customers receive two additional SIM cards that share the same data bundle. Customers can use these SIM cards with two additional devices such as a smartphone and a tablet or for use by another family member.
– Device buy-back: Vodacom will buy back the customer’s old device and get a price reduction on their new contract.
– Vodacom financing: Flexible device financing options to help customers buy the devices they want.
– Free applications that will ensure that customer information and content are safe at all times. These include:
* Vodafone Protect: An application which provides customers with the ability to locate a misplaced or stolen phone. Customers can also lock the handset and protect their private information remotely.
* Vodafone Guardian: An application that helps parents to protect their children from accessing inappropriate content.
– Perfect Start: Internet, email, social networks and Vodacom applications are set up whilst the customer is in store to enhance the customer’s smartphone experience.
– Smart crew and Red crew: Provide expert support that will be available 24/7 to assist customers with their technical and smartphone requirements.
– My Vodacom App: assists customers to manage their service usage. This provides an easy way to monitor data usage and purchase additional bundles when needed.
– Plan check: To help ensure that customers are on the right plan, Vodacom will proactively recommend the most appropriate option to suit their needs.
– A Cloud storage application will be launched soon for customers to store personal files, photos and videos with 5 Gigs free storage.
– Customers will receive double data in the first two months.
Commenting on the launch, Vodacom’s Chief Executive Officer, Shameel Joosub said: “We’ve listened to our customers and understand that being connected 24/7 is a must, and that simplicity and affordability are key. So we’ve come up with a completely new approach to our contracts by introducing RED, which includes unlimited offers that we’ve branded ‘limitless’.”
“Customers on the RED offer will enjoy a worry free mobile experience. They can make unlimited calls, send unlimited text messages and have loads of data to surf the Internet. This changes our game plan – we’re now putting all our efforts in ensuring that our customers enjoy the ultimate mobile experience,” Joosub added.
Vodacom’s new smart plans are as follows:
|Smartphone included||R199||R299||R499||R699||R999||R1 599||R1 999|
– Voice calls are billed per second
– Out of bundle rate is R1.00 per MB (inclusive of VAT)
“This offer is part of a broader strategy that focuses on offering customers the best network, unmatched customer experience and great value. We will continue to improve and enhance our service offering and our customers can look forward to other new and exciting offers,” Joosub concluded.