Do you plan to interview Data Governance Managers or Coordinators? Maybe it’s a new company role. The organization may be unfamiliar with data governance. This person may be a team member seeking a new challenge.
Choose someone who suits the company’s culture. Answers to interview questions should assist you to evaluate a candidate’s qualifications. Have the candidate read a job description before the interview.
Every interview is unique. Keep in mind that every candidate is an individual. Whether the candidate is new to the company or a current employee transferring responsibilities may affect the nature of the questions asked. When you are hiring Data governance consulting, it is important to ask a variety of questions. This article offers some suggestions for interview inquiries relevant to data governance.
You can ask any of the following, or think of your own:
The Big Picture Of Data Governance
So, let’s start with the obvious:
- Just as if you’d never heard the term before, please explain it to me.
- Why is data governance crucial?
- Thirdly, what do you consider to be the data governance’s many parts? (data governance, data stewardship, data quality, report specifications, etc.)
- Who or what department in a business is in charge of data governance?
- Describe a company’s data governance road map example (what happens in what order). (there is no right answer here; rather, you should begin with why you are doing anything.)
Earlier Inquiries Into Data Governance Experience
- How did you get involved in data governance?
- Describe who you are and what you do in data governance in 60 seconds.
- Please describe a moment when you implemented data governance and explain what you did and what you would do differently next time.
- What methods did you use to gain support for the data governance initiatives?
Inquiries Regarding The Previous Structure
- When it comes to data governance, what do you consider to be your greatest achievement to date?
- To what do you attribute your greatest difficulty with data governance?
- Approximately how many different data systems did your prior company incorporate in its data governance initiatives?
- How did you get your previous company involved in data governance? Which departments were part of your previous company’s data governance efforts?