Unlike any other event on the African healthcare calendar, HISA2017 looks to join the dots between innovation and practicality, by presenting the latest healthcare technologies and showcasing their practical application and integration into existing healthcare infrastructure. Slated for 29 and 30 August 2017, this two-day event will feature provocative panel discussions, interactive roundtables and a roster of thought-leading, incisive speakers.
The Summit will tackle topics such as robotics, electronic health records, delivering personalised healthcare, artificial intelligence, IoT in healthcare, healthcare policy, telemedicine advances and the future of healthcare in Africa. Delegates attending this event will include CxOs, administrators, heads of technology, policy makers and key stakeholders from public and private hospitals, as well as health-tech entrepreneurs and academics.
About African Investor:
Ai Newswire is an exclusive electronic communications and news distribution service for African companies keen to develop their international media coverage. Using Ai Newswire, companies can direct their press releases and other announcements to a wide range of critical audiences globally, including the news media, the investment community, government decision-makers, and the general public.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Dr Nomafrench Mbombo MEC for Health: Western Cape.
- Raymond Billa, CEO at Helen Joseph Hospital, Johannesburg.
- Rajeev R Eashwari, Director: eHealth, KZN Provincial Department of Health.
- Burton Shinners, COO, Nelson Mandela Children’s Hospital.
- Ian De Vega, Director of Information Management, Western Cape Department of Health.
- Leonard Slabbert, Head of Technology at Boehringer Ingelheim.
- Vuma Magaqa, Director: Information Technology, KZN Provincial Department of Health.
- Richard Gordon, Executive Director at the SAMRC.
- Andrew Brown, Managing Executive at MediSwitch.
Key topics at HISA2017 will include:
- Can Technology Address the Shortage of Medical Practitioners in SA.
- Telemedicine Initiatives: What Have We Learnt?
- Healthcare Technology: Important Legal and Ethical Considerations.
- How Practical is Robotic Healthcare within the African Context.
- Developing a Digital Transformation Strategy for your Healthcare Facility.
- Driving Down Total-Cost-of-Care with Technology.
- The Future of Healthcare: What’s on the horizon?
- Your Electronic Health Records Have Been Hacked. Now What?!
- Will Doctors Become Obsolete?