The 3rd Healthcare Innovation Summit Africa (#HISA2017) is set to take place on 29 and 30 August at VodacomWorld Johannesburg, South Africa. The summit is expected to gather over 300 delegates and 30 speakers.
During the two-day summit, there will be lively intellectual discussions as well as provocative presentations and interactive roundtables.
Focussed on ‘Making Digital Transformation a Strategic Imperative for Healthcare’ HISA2017 will assemble CxOs, administrators, technology solution providers, health-tech entrepreneurs, academics, heads of technology, policy makers and other key stakeholders in public and private healthcare.
Confirmed speakers include:
DR NOMAFRENCH MBOMBO, MEC for Health: Western Cape Government, South Africa
- Rajeev R Eashwari, Member, Ministerial Advisory Committee on eHealth & Director: eHealth, KZN Provincial Department of Health
- Burton Shinners, COO, Nelson Mandela Children’s Hospital
- Ian De Vega, Director of Information Management, Western Cape Department of Health
- Leonard Slabbert, Head of Technology at Boehringer Ingelheim
- Vuma Magaqa, Director: Information Technology, KZN Provincial Department of Health
- Richard Gordon, Executive Director at the SAMRC
- Andrew Brown, Managing Executive, MediSwitch
- Valter Adao, Partner and Lead Director at Deloitte Digital Africa
- Elliot Sack, CEO at eHealth Group
- Nicolaas Duneas, CEO, Altis Biologics
- Simi Adejumo, CEO, Aajoh (Nigeria)
- Dilip Naran, General Manager, Med-e-MassMed
- Ronald James Urry, Specialist Robotic Surgeon, Netcare Waterfall Hospital
- Akhona Mkosi, Deputy Director: Innovation and Governance, Western Cape Department of Health
- Gyles Morrison, Founder, Clinical UX Association (UK)
Key Topics to be discussed:
- Healthcare Technology: Important Legal and Ethical Considerations.
- Can Technology Address the Shortage of Medical Practitioners in SA?
- Telemedicine Initiatives: What Have We Learnt?
- How Practical is Robotic Healthcare within the African Context?
- Developing a Digital Transformation Strategy for your Healthcare Facility
- Driving Down Total-Cost-of-Care with Technology
- The Future of Healthcare: What’s on the horizon?
- Your Electronic Health Records Have Been Hacked. Now What?!
- Will Doctors Become Obsolete?