Drawing in a large number of decision makers, the African Innovator: Healthcare Innovation Summit addressed the theme – “Transforming Healthcare with Technology.”
During the course of the Summit, IT News Africa caught up with a number of delegates in order to find out what they thought of the event. The video can be found below:
Here’s a list of some of the executives that attended the summit:
– Kevin Moodaley: Head of Southern African Operations – Hetero SA
– Brett Parker, Managing Director, SAP Africa
– Dr. Sean Broomhead: Chairperson – African Centre for ehealth Excellence
– Dr Raymond Billa, CEO, Helen Joseph Hospital
– Johann Henning: Managing Director Enterprise – Telkom
– Dr Eddie Sampier: Public Health registrar – Wits School of Public Health
– Dr Freddy Kgongwana: CEO – George Mukhari Academic Hospital
– Dr Vincent Shaw: Executive Director – Health Information Systems Program
– Jan Pienaar: Chief Medical Officer – Anglo American South Africa
– Leonard Slabbert: CIO, Boehringer-Ingelheim
– Dr. Imoh Okon: Assistant Professor of Research – Georgia State University (Atlanta, Georgia)
Attendees comment on the Healthcare Innovation Summit:
“I think the Healthcare Innovation Summit is a great initiative that must continue.” – Dr Eddie Sampier: Public Health registrar – Wits School of Public Health.
“The Healthcare Innovation Summit is a brilliant idea.” – Dr Maggie Majapelo: CEO and Founder of Mediwell.
“The Healthcare Innovation Summit was truly thought provoking.” – Lubabalo Mnyaka: CEO – Aflumed.
“The Healthcare Innovation Summit was extremely informative.” – Jayson Naidoo: MD – Atoz Technologies.
The next African Innovator Roundtable: Innovation in Finance will be held at Protea Fire & Ice on 28 October, 2015.