Additional keynote speakers have confirmed their participation in Africa Future TV Conference 2009.
This conference being hosted by ITNewsAfrica.com is designed to create partnerships and strategies that will accelerate commercialisation and synergies in the TV industry on the continent.
Added to the growing list of distinguished keynote speakers are: Caleb Weinstein (above) , GM Emerging Markets, Discovery Networks Europe; Melanie Gibbs , Managing Director, Globecast Africa, Lemmy Adebule , Executive Director, TransAfrica Media.
Leaders from government and TV industry will address topics such as:
- The development, opportunities, and challenges of Digital TV.
- Mobile TV handset technology: A place for venture investment?
- Powering Mobile TV as an interactive media.
- What content compels viewers to stay tuned?
- IPTV, or online video, what’s the next generation of TV?
- Innovation and Cooperation: Searching new commercial models for Future TV
- 4 Tracks: Cable TV, Mobile TV, IPTV, and Digital Terrestial TV
- Case Studies and Panel Discussions
The conference is scheduled to take place from 3 – 4 August 2009, at the Sandton Sun hotel and conference venue in Johannesburg, South Africa. Special focus will be given to future developments related to digital broadcasting, online TV, video on demand, high definition TV, IPTV and mobile TV. The event will focus on new mobile and internet technologies that make video and audio broadcasting to PC’s or mobile devices possible. Organisers believe this could see companies not traditionally in the broadcast arena present real competition to traditional television broadcasters.
Caleb Weinstein SVP, Discovery Enterprises International
Acting General Manager Discovery Networks Europe , Emerging Markets.
Caleb Weinstein manages the Discovery Enterprises International (DEI) group, Discovery’s program sales and licensing business outside the United States . DEI acts as the centralized access point to Discovery Communications’ brands and franchises working with free-to-air broadcasters, cab/sat programmers, retailers, home video distributors outside the United States as well licensing of content to the non-theatric/onboard community of museums, airlines and cruise ships globally.
Lemmy Adebule , CEO TransAfrica Media Holdings – ( www.transafricamedia.com ).
Prior to founding TransAfrica Media Holdings, Mr. Adebule was CEO of TV Africa, a pan-African television network, where he expanded coverage from four to twenty three countries. Mr. Adebule was previously Vice President of Marketing and Sales for Digital Music Express, a satellite music distribution system in the USA . He also served as Director of Business Development for Cablevision Industries, and as Senior Product Manager for Ameritech Corporate Management.
Other speakers include:
- Tun Van Rijswijck COO, Broadcast Centre Europe
- Melanie Gibb, COO Globecast Africa
- Alex Okosi Senior VP, MTV Networks
- George Twumasi, ABN Holdings Ltd
- Jason Lobel, Ericsson
- Pierre van der Hoven, Southern Africa Direct
- Richard Yelen, Neulion
- Salim Amin, A24 Media
- Lemmy Adebule, CEO TransAfrica Media Holdings
- Yusuf Nabee, SABC
To book your seat at the conference contact Samuel on +27 11 258 8810.