WhatsApp is again working on its “Vacation Mode” feature, according to reports from WABetaInfo, after it abandoned the project last year.
The feature, when enabled, is expected to allow users to access a dedicated menu with two new notification options for their archived chats.
- Notify new messages – “it’s the current behaviour. If you decide to disable it (when the feature will be available for everyone), you will have the vacation mode, so archived chats continue to stay in the archive when new messages arrive.”
- Auto-hide inactive chats – “this is an extension of the vacation mode. If enabled, if a chat is older than 6 months, it will be automatically archived. Probably WhatsApp needs to change the description of this option because it’s not perfectly clear now.”
There’s no word just yet on when users can expect to see this feature roll out.
New WhatsApp Storage Feature Unveiled
WhatsApp is working on a new feature that’ll allow users to better manage their device storage usage, according to WABetaInfo.
The storage feature menu is expected to offer:
- A storage bar, useful to understand the portion of space occupied by WhatsApp (all media).
- A second section to review all shared files, in order to delete unnecessary media and free up space.
- A final section that contains the list of chats as usual, with the possibility to search a specific chat.
Follow IT News Africa on Twitter