The Digital Retail Forum 2020 is set to take place on 29 January at Emperors Palace in Johannesburg, South Africa. The conference will be focused on emerging technologies such as Ai, IoT, drones, digital payment solutions, new eCommerce models and mobility are disrupting the retail sector.
The Wholesale and Retail Sector Education and Training Authority (W&RSETA) will be joining IT News Africa as a Bronze Sponsor of the event. Since its establishment in 2000, W&RSETA has made remarkable strides in education and training in the Wholesale and Retail Sector; the fourth biggest sector of the South African economy.
The W&RSETA is one of 21 SETAs that were established by the Government to address skills development in various economic sectors of the country. The mandate of the W&RSETA is carried out through the development of qualifications, disbursement of grants, implementation of Learning Programmes (Learnerships & Skills Programmes), quality assurance of the provision of education and training, and providing bursaries and workplace placement to young people.
Gathering over 200 retail industry leaders and experts, #DRF2020 will commence under the theme: “Digital Disruption in Retail: Apocalypse or Revolution”, and feature discussions about making digital innovation a key process within all retail organisations.
Delegates can look forward to presentations on how to best increase productivity, reduce costs, attract more customers, improve customer experience, enhance security and sell more – for both small independent retailers and large retail groups alike.
Confirmed speakers for DRF 2020 include:
- Marek Zmysłowski, MD Africa RTB House, former MD Jumia, RTB House
- Pieter Van Eyssen, Principal Solution Consultant, Genesys
- Tanya Long, Chief Operating Officer, Argility Technology Group
- Mark Young – CEO of GetBucks South Africa
- Alastair Tempest – CEO at Ecommerce Forum Africa
- Firas Ahmad, Co-Founder, Group CEO for Sarafu and AzamPay Group Tanzania
- Dylan Piatti – Africa Strategist: Consumer Business Industry, Deloitte
- Tilene Narainan – Head of Convenience Retailing, Sasol
- Simon Marland – Retail CIO, Nedbank
- Neil Rankin – Founder and CEO of Predictive Insights
Key Topics include:
- The ‘Retail Apocalypse’: Separating Hype from Reality
- How eCommerce giants are shaping the future of retail
- Enhancing brand image and increasing sales through social media
- Assessing new retail payment solutions and how they impact the customer experience
- Optimizing Inventory Management and Supply Chains with Technology
- Leveraging AI to Impact Your Bottom Line and CX
- eCommerce: Opportunities presented by new models and disruptive technologies
How to participate:
Join as an attendee: Learn from some of the most powerful brands, mavericks and visionaries that are setting the pace for change and driving disruption in retail.
Join as a speaker: Showcase your thought-leadership. Share your insights and experience. Shape solutions to critical business challenges.
Join us as an exhibitor: Reinforce your position as a leading provider of technology solutions.
For those looking for maximum exposure, our sponsorship and exhibition packages offer a great opportunity to showcase your brand, speak and present your solutions to a select audience. Packages are available for all budgets, but spots are limited.
For more information about this conference, visit: https://digitalretailforum.co.za/
[t]: 011 026 0981/2 [e]: firstname.lastname@example.org