Convenience retail store, FreshStop, launched a Rewards App on Tuesday, 30 July 2019. The app is said to enable customers to earn cash-back simply by shopping at one of its more than 300 stores, located at Caltex garages around South Africa.
According to the company, the FreshStop Rewards App allows customers to rewards sent straight back into their bank accounts when they purchase items at a FreshStop store.
To qualify for cash-back rewards, customers merely need to:
- Download the free FreshStop Rewards App
- Reserve their shopping items as advertised on the Fresh Deals page
- Use the Store Locator feature to find your nearest FreshStop at Caltex store
- Once in-store, view your reserved shopping items on your Basket page
- Purchase your shopping items and capture your till slip via the App using your phone’s camera and click submit
- The cash rewards you earn will be reflected in your Rewards Wallet – the more you shop the more cash rewards you earn
- Request your cash-back via the App and it will be paid directly into your bank account
Joe Boyle, Director at FreshStop, says, “customers are looking for technologies that will enhance their shopping experience. Convenience stores in the US are already offering shoppers mobile apps that offer customers digital rewards, fuel discounts and mobile payments; and Artificial Intelligence (AI) has started shaping the shopping experience through the building of smart shopping baskets for customers.
“Everyone is promoting loyalty programmes but these programmes need to be simplified. As the first forecourt convenience retail brand in the country to launch a rewards programme, we are engaging with our customers by offering them great products at great prices resulting in them getting cash-back in their pockets. They will also be among the first to get to know about our special promotions and take advantage of them. We know it’s not the price alone that keeps customers loyal. Simplicity, recognition and a smile are still the best incentives,” adds Boyle.
Edited by Jenna Cook
Follow Jenna Cook on Twitter
Follow IT News Africa on Twitter