Russell Warman, Head of Infrastructure and Operations at Auto Trader UK is set to deliver a keynote address at this year’s Digital Transformation Congress (#DTC2019) taking place on 30 July at the Sandton Convention Centre in Johannesburg.
Russell Warman is Head of Infrastructure and Operations at Auto Trader, the UK’s largest digital automotive marketplace. He has worked at Auto Trader for over 20 years in a number of roles, including IT support engineer and project manager, supporting their digital transformation.
In his current position, Warman is responsible for the platform that runs the Auto Trader website (autotrader.co.uk) as well as the supporting products and services used by customers. He is also involved in buildings and the technology that supports them.
His passion for IT support was sparked by his love for helping people who bought computers for a company he used to work for. To drive innovation at Auto Trader, the tech enthusiast emphasises the need to constantly review how work is done and the tools used to do the work. “If we can see an opportunity to automate, reduce or remove complexity or solve a problem we’ll do it. Our teams are a curious bunch and they love coming up with innovative solutions,” he says.
Speaking about his biggest digital transformation lessons, Warman says “Get people involved early. Particularly when it comes to change. Listen to the feedback. Understand their concerns and try and address it. I don’t think you can communicate enough when it comes to change.”
The congress will assemble a variety of industries all in one room, as business leaders and technology innovators come together to shape the future of business and IT through digital transformation.
DTC2019 will bring together hundreds of senior executives and digital visionaries who will explore emerging technology trends that are driving digital transformation and impacting business operations.
Other confirmed speakers for DTC 2019 include:
- Michael Mol, Summit host/ Head of Hello Doctor
- Nathan Van Rooyen, IT Director at Virgin Active
- Cosmas Junior Maduka, Executive Director of Coscharis Group, Nigeria
- Hein Du Toit, IT Director at Unilever
- Michal Kaufmann, Product Lead for Customer Engagement and AI at LogMeIn
- Mayur Patel, CEO of Kwesé iflix
- Joseph Ndaba, CEO: Mafikeng Innovation Hub, 4IR Commissioner
- Joseph Hundah, Group CEO for Econet Media
- Johanna Kollar, Head of Comm. Products Partnerships, MEA, Google
- Antoinia Norman, CEO at Richard Branson Entrepreneurship Hub, Member at UN Women
- Lizelle Vaughan, Master of Digital Transformation at Liberty Group South Africa
- Nyiko Ashley Nkuna, Head: Intelligent Transport Systems at Gautrain Management Agency
- Aneesa Ameer, Innovation Lead at Absa Group
- Avsharn Bachoo, Chief Technology Officer at PPS Insurance
- Patson Malisa, Deputy President: Economic, Social & Cultural Council at African Union
To register or book an exhibition stand at DTC2019 visit www.digitaltransformationcongress.com
For more information about this conference visit:
[t]+27 11 026 0981 [e] firstname.lastname@example.org