Samsung Pay has officially launched on compatible Samsung wearable devices. As revealed by the company, Samsung Pay will bring South Africans a new level of convenience and security when making contactless mobile payments. The company further revealed that Samsung Pay will be usable on the Samsung Galaxy Watch, the Gear Sport, and the Gear S3.
How to use Samsung Pay:
- On your Samsung smartphone, launch the Galaxy Wearable app
- Tap Open Samsung PAy and follow the on-screen instructions to complete your card registration. This is a one-time process.
- To make a payment with your Samsung Watch, press and hold the Back key for around 1 second
- Scroll through the cards list, select a card and tap PAY
- Place your Samsung Watch close to the NFC card reader to make a payment
- All Samsung Pay compatible wearables will only support NFC and not the MST technology which is also available on Samsung Pay compatible smartphones.
For consumers that do not own Samsung mobile phones, Samsung wearables are also compatible with other non-Samsung Android Smartphones, which will allow them to use the service.