The 10th ICT4D Conference will be held this year May 8-10, 2018 in Lusaka, Zambia and will bring together public, private and civil society organisations from across the humanitarian and international development community.
Much focus is now on looking for evidence, not of ICT itself which is near ubiquitous but, of development from ICT use.
These crucial points will underpin the themes of 10th ICT4D Conference: Innovate. Connect. Transform. Attendees at the leading ICT4D conference will gather as the ICT4D community and debate solutions and answers to questions such as how and where ICT innovation helps sectors in aid and development achieve goals and accelerate their objectives.
The first conference keynote and plenary speakers are now confirmed from government, international and Zambian NGOs, private and civil society organizations, and include the following ICT and development experts and global thought leaders:
- Dr. David Bergvinson, Director General, ICRISAT;
- Peris Bosire, Founder, Farm Drive;
- Michele Broemmelsiek, Vice President, Overseas Operations, Catholic Relief Services;
- Christopher Burns, Director, Center for Digital Development, USAID;
- Emilar Gandhi, Public Policy Manger, SADC, Facebook;
- Karl Lowe, CIO, Catholic Relief Services;
- Anne Hale Miglarese, Chief Executive Officer, Radiant.Earth;
- Misozi Mkandawire-Bukali, CEO, Zoona Transactions Limited Zambia;
- Katy Money, Director of Business Development and Partnerships, Ushahidi;
- Michael O’Brien, Executive Partner, Gartner Executive Programs;
- Enrica Porcari, Chief Information Officer, Director of Technology, World Food Programme;
- Barbara Ryan, Director, The Group on Earth Observations (GEO);
- Tim Unwin, UNESCO Chair in ICT4D at Royal Holloway University;
- Lauren Woodman, CEO, NetHope;
- Sherrie Woodring, CEO, The Great African Food Company;
- Plus, representatives of DFID, NRC, John Deere, SAP Africa and more.
The top themes of the plenary sessions featuring the above speakers include:
• ICT4D Strategy & Digital Transformation
• Big Data for Development
• Emerging Technologies & Their Applications
More speakers to be confirmed, please visit https://www.ict4dconference.org/program/conference-program/ for more information and updates.
Plus, the ICT4D Conference offers six parallel conference tracks on Agriculture, Health, Livelihoods & Education, Humanitarian Response, Digital Financial Inclusion, and Collaboration & Openness in ICT4D; and C-level attendees are invited to attend the popular Executive Session.
The conference is expected to be attended by up to 1000 representatives of non-governmental agencies, private sector companies, multi-lateral and government agencies, academic and research institutions, and aid and development funding organisations. To secure your place, register via the conference website.
We would like to thank the following Partners and Sponsors for supporting this event.
• SOS Children’s Villages
• UNESCO Chair for ICT Development/Royal Holloway
• World Vision International
• SAP Africa
• John Deere
• Liquid Telecom
• Tetra Tech
• Vital Wave