MEDITECH, a healthcare information systems software company has been confirmed as gold sponsor of Healthcare Innovation Summit Africa (HISA2017). This event will take place on 29-30 August 2017 at Vodacom World in Midrand, Johannesburg.
There is simply no other event in Africa like HISA2017. This event joins the dots between innovation and practicality, presenting the latest healthcare technologies and showcasing their practical application and integration into existing healthcare infrastructure.
Each year a who’s who of Africa’s healthcare and technology communities gather for two days of networking, lively intellectual exchange, and exploration to see what’s new, what’s cutting edge, and what will shape the future of healthcare.
MEDITECH is passionate about the vision of New Healthcare in South Africa where everyone has access to quality, affordable care. The healthcare technology company believes that software has an important role to play in the realisation of this vision. MEDITECH develops, implements and supports software that promotes patient-centred care across the full healthcare spectrum.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Dr Nomafrench Mbombo MEC for Health: Western Cape.
- Raymond Billa, CEO at Helen Joseph Hospital, Johannesburg.
- Rajeev R Eashwari, Member, Ministerial Advisory Committee on eHealth & Director: eHealth, KZN Provincial Department of Health.
- Burton Shinners, COO, Nelson Mandela Children’s Hospital.
- Ian De Vega, Director of Information Management, Western Cape Department of Health.
- Leonard Slabbert, Head of Technology at Boehringer Ingelheim.
- Vuma Magaqa, Director: Information Technology, KZN Provincial Department of Health.
- Richard Gordon, Executive Director at the SAMRC.
- Andrew Brown, Managing Executive, MediSwitch.
Key topics at HISA2017 will include:
- Can Technology Address the Shortage of Medical Practitioners in SA.
- Telemedicine Initiatives: What Have We Learnt?
- Healthcare Technology: Important Legal and Ethical Considerations.
- How Practical is Robotic Healthcare within the African Context.
- Developing a Digital Transformation Strategy for your Healthcare Facility.
- Driving Down Total-Cost-of-Care with Technology.
- The Future of Healthcare: What’s on the horizon?
- Your Electronic Health Records Have Been Hacked. Now What?!
- Will Doctors Become Obsolete?