The African Innovator: Healthcare Innovation Summit addressed the critical topic and theme of – “Transforming Healthcare with Technology,” this past week. Sponsored by Telkom, the Healthcare Innovation Summit generated a great deal of excitement within the healthcare and technology sectors.
With the event being so highly anticipated, senior executives from leading public and private organisations flooded the Healthcare Innovation Summit, which was held at the Protea Fire & Ice Hotel in Johannesburg.
African Innovator Magazine had secured a number of high-calibre speakers for the summit including:
– Bhavna Patel, CEO, Groote Schuur Hospital
– Lynelle Bagwandeen, Group Company Secretary & General Counsel, Netcare Group
– Dr Jan Pienaar, (M.B.,Ch.B.; DOM), Chief Medical Officer, Anglo American
– Dr Imoh Okon (PhD Imperial College, London), Georgia State University (Atlanta, Georgia, USA)
– Zuby Onwuta, CEO and Founder, Think and Zoom (Austin, Texas)
– Dr MC Conradie, Specialist, Robotic Surgery, Netcare Waterfall City Hospital
– Valter Adao, Managing Director-Healthcare Africa, Deloitte Consulting
– Leonard Slabbert, Head of IT,Boehringer-Ingelheim
IT News Africa has compiled an image gallery of the event, which can be found below: