This exciting event will convene on the 21st to 22nd May 2015 at the Protea Hotel Fire & Ice, in Johannesburg.
This summit specifically targets the African Mining industry aiming to improve the recognition of I.T. amongst CEO’s and of the critical role it plays in the sector.
It will bring together some of the industry’s leading CIO’s and I.T. decision makers from across the African continent, to discuss the latest challenges facing the industry today, plus discover what opportunities lie ahead for the industry.
Some important topics & talking points include:
– IoT in Mining Environments
– Cyber Security Concerns
– ERP Optimization
– Bridging the gap between IT & Process Control Systems
– Big Data for Mining Solutions
– Integration / Standardization of Process Control Data
– Cloud Services for Mining
– Underground Solutions IT & OT Convergence
– Process Plant & Engineering Solutions
– Disaster Recovery
– Application Rationalization
– Cost Optimization Strategies
IT News Africa will be present as the summit’s official Media Partner, along with representatives from most of the African Mining sector.
Some of the following I.T. luminaries in the Mining industry will be delegates, panellists or speakers at the event:
– Cuan Kloppers, CIO, Samancor Chrome (MC for the Summit)
– Sergio Salim, General Manager: IT Africa, Middle East & Australia, Vale
– Peter Sutcliffe, CIO, Total Coal South Africa
– Pieter du Toit Oosthuizen, Vice-President Information Technology, AngloGold Ashanti
– Kobus Pienaar, General Manager: Information Technology, Wesizwe Platinum
– Manie Grunewald, CIO, Impala Platinum
– Mike Davies, CIO, Royal Bakofeng Platinum
– David Cefai, CIO & Vice-President Information Technology, Kinross Gold
– Steve du Preez, Head of EMEA, APAC, & Technical Functions IM, Anglo American
– Vijay Kumar, General Manager, Anglo American Thermal Coal
– Thikhani Ligudu, Head of Information Management, Anglo American Coal
– Steven Jacobs, Head of ICT, Sibanye Gold
– Ahmed Muslim, Group IT Manager, Canyon Coal
– Chetan Trivedi, CIO, Vedanta Zinc International
– Pieter le Roux, Group IT Manager, Metorex
– Richard Kasesela, Chairman of Mining Advisory Board, Tanzania Ministry of Energy & Minerals.
– Desmond Grosvenor, IT Regional Lead – SSA, Glencore
Some sponsor companies of the event include:
Esri, Orange Business Services, SAP and Syspro.
Book your place to attend this special event, by contacting Darren Roach, CEO of EnerGlobe Ltd., on +44 7929 238 382, or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.