Tech giant, Huawei announced on Tuesday, 8 October 2019, that its new fitness wearable, the Huawei Watch GT 2 is coming to South Africa on 17 October 2019. This smartwatch marks another big improvement in helping users enhance their quality of life and promote healthy living.
The Huawei Watch GT 2 is set to deliver an upgraded user experience and unrivalled battery life due to the device’s ultra-low power consumption capability, pushing the boundaries of what is expected from a wearable.
Seven exciting Huawei Watch GT 2 features include:
- All-in-one 3D glass screen, creating a wider, borderless display.
- Ultra-low power consumption application processor and a separate power management unit.
- Bluetooth calls with phonebook functionality so wearers can save friends’ contact information on their watch.
- Music playback functionalities, with a large storage capacity of up to 500 mp3 songs.
- Continuous use for up to two weeks – with both the intelligent heart rate monitor and call notification functions on; weekly usage of up to 10 hours of Bluetooth calling; up to 24 hours of music playback; and up to 30 hours GPS running non-stop.
- Compatibility with 15 sports, including eight outdoor sports (running, walking, climbing, hiking, trail running, cycling, open water, triathlon) and seven indoor sports (walking, running, cycling, swimming pool, free training, elliptical machine, rowing machine). In sports mode, the watch provides targeted pre-exercise data analysis, data recording analysis during the exercise and professional advice afterwards.
- Monitoring of sleep quality, real-time heart rate and sleep breathing quality. Huawei TruSleep 2.0 uses big data analysis to rate sleep quality, analyse sleep problems and provide sleep improvement suggestions.
The 46 cm Huawei Watch GT 2 is priced at R4,999 and will be available on 17 October 2019.
Edited by Jenna Cook
Follow Jenna Cook on Twitter
Follow IT News Africa on Twitter