LG has announced that their G8s ThinQ smartphone will be available for sale globally. The smartphone was first announced at the Mobile World Congress that took place in Barcelona, Spain, on February 2019. The G8s ThinQ was unveiled by LG as a more affordable and easier to use version of the LG G8 ThinQ. According to LG, the G8s ThinQ is for users who are “seeking a more bespoke smartphone experience.”
The G8s ThinQ comes equipped with almost all of the features of the G8 ThinQ but is designed as a more accessible device. Therefore, the G8s ThinQ is not as technically advanced as the phone it is modelled after. is designed for one-handed use, making actions like taking pictures much easier. Some of the main features of the LG G8s ThinQ smartphone are listed below:
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon, SM8150 (Napali), 2.8GHz Octa-Core, Adrena 640
- Battery: 3550mAh (Embedded)
- Rear Triple: 12MP Normal + 13MP Wide + 12MP Telephoto (2X Optical zoom)
- Front Dual: 8MP f1.9 1.12㎛ 80°, Z Camera ToF 224px/FF
- Display: 6.21″ 18.7:9 FHD OLED (1080 x 2248), 401 ppi (Active matrix TFT) Fullvision
- SIM Card: Nano-SIM
- OS (Operating System): Android 9 (Pie)
- Memory: 128GB UFS2.1/6GB RAM LPDDR4, SR Card: (Up to 2TB)
- Other Applications: Smart Doctor; Echo Playback; Screen Recording; Gaming; Parking Assistance; Knock On; Dual App; Shortcuts; Increase Touch Sensitivity; HDR Video Effect; Comfort View.
There is no official release date or official price for the phone, but LG says that they will be announcing those details shortly.
Edited by Kojo Essah
Follow Kojo Essah on Twitter
Follow IT News Africa on Twitter