Today marks the commencement of the 2019 IoT Forum Africa.
The event will take place from 26 to 27 March 2019 at the Gallagher Convention Centre, Johannesburg, South Africa, and will assemble upwards of 400 of what can be considered Africa’s tech heavyweights in the form of leading IoT experts, business leaders and solution providers to network and talk about IoT under the theme of “Driving Performance, Growth and Profitability”.
IOTFA2019 is sponsored by a number of prominent IoT influencers and innovators, including SAP, Orange Business Services Sqwidnet, IS, Syspro and GSMA.
SAP, the market leader in enterprise application software, will be represented by Futurist, Strategist and Business Transformation Leader, Rudeon Snell. At the IoT Forum Africa 2019, Snell will give insight on IoT in Public Transportation, and SAP will also feature in panel discussions “unpacking the key challenges facing IoT Adoption in Africa” and “accelerating your IoT transformation journey”.
As an infrastructure operator, technology integrator and supplier of value-added services, Orange Business Services supports businesses and local governments and public sector organizations through every step of their digital transformation. Data is at the heart of digital transformation for businesses.
SqwidNet will be led from the front by CEO, Phatizwe Malinga who will deliver a keynote on the opening day. The SqwidNet network covers over 85% of the South African population, enabling millions of physical devices to be connected to the digital world and also offers low-cost access to IoT solutions and operators in South Africa, creating opportunities for businesses, both small and large, to create innovative solutions.
Internet Solutions, or simply IS, is an Internet services provider for public and private sector organisations. Internet Solutions operates throughout Africa, offering a variety of data centre, cloud, and internet services that help organisations to do things better. The company will be represented by Roger Hislop, Internet of Things Executive at IS.
SYSPRO is an industry-built Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution designed to simplify business complexity for manufacturers and distributors worldwide. Recognized as a leader in customer service, SYSPRO has one of the highest customer retention rates in the industry and its intuitive product features, business intelligence capabilities, and easy deployment methodology are unmatched in the marketplace.
The GSMA (Groupe Spéciale Mobile Association) represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting more than 750 operators with over 350 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors.
These companies and more will be represented at IOTFA2019 to address and explore the topic of IoT and all its intricacies.
Other sponsors include:
Confirmed speakers for IOTFA2019 include:
- Phathizwe Malinga, Managing Director: SqwidNET
- Roger Hislop, Executive Head: IOT at Internet Solutions
- Toros Esim Emre, Head of Digital Retail and Regional Director of Digital Strategy at Orange Business Services for the Middle East and African market.
- Johanna Juselius, Senior Advisor, EU Affairs, Helsinki-Uusimaa Region
- Rudeon Snell, Leonardo Leader for SAP Africa
- Kabelo Rabotho, Marketing Director, Nissan South Africa
- Abdul Baba, Head of IT Operations at www.kwese.com
- Colin Banks, SAP Leonardo Engagement Lead for SAP Africa
- Dr Mark Nasila, Chief Analytics Officer: Consumer Banking & Chief Risk Office at FNB
- Kyle Parker, CEO of MITAS, Pagemark Africa and COO of Informed Decisions
- Dr Towela Nyerinda Jere, Principal Programme Officer, Nepad Agency
- Sindisiwe Nhlapho Dlamini Moloi, CIO at Transnet SOC Ltd
- Lee Naik, CEO of TransUnion Africa
- Richard Barry, CEO at Polymorph
- Jon Foster-Pedley, Dean and director at Henley Business School, Africa
- Tshepo Motshegoa, Group Chief Information Officer at 3Sixty Financial Services Group
How to Participate:
Join as an attendee: Join hundreds of Africa’s entrepreneurs, IOT solution providers and technology leaders – for two days of top-level content, case studies, live demos, and plenty of networking opportunities.
Join as a speaker: Showcase your thought-leadership. Share your insights and experience. Shape solutions to critical business challenges.
Join us as an exhibitor: Showcase your brand and present your solutions to a select audience. Position your organisation at the forefront of Africa’s IoT revolution. Find new partnerships, investors, leads, and opportunities.
For more information, visit www.iotforumafrica.com