Alongside the LG V40 ThinQ, LG announced its first hybrid smartwatch, the LG Watch W7, a wearable device that combines mechanical movement with digital functionalities.
As the first LG wearable to run the new Wear OS by Google platform, the LG Watch W7 is designed for consumers who value the look of a traditional analogue timepiece but desire the convenient functionalities of a connected smartwatch. Developed in partnership with Soprod SA of Switzerland, the LG Watch W7 features high-precision quartz movement and physical watch hands wrapped in a stainless steel body.
Combining smart and mechanical features in a single timepiece gives the LG Watch W7 unique powering options. In full operation mode on a single charge, the LG Watch W7 can run for up to two days and then an additional 3-4 days in analogue-only mode. In mechanical watch-only mode with its “smart” features disabled, the watch can operate for up to 100 days, or more than three months before requiring a charge.
In addition to keeping accurate time, the analogue hands also display additional information such as an altimeter, barometer, stopwatch, timer and compass directions. Because this device runs Wear OS by Google, it can be customised thousands of different ways with unique watch faces and complications available online. The watch is also compatible with all standard 22mm watch bands.
LG Watch W7 Key Specifications:
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2100 Platform
- Operating System: Wear OS by Google
- Display: 1.2-inch LCD (360 x 360 / 300ppi)
- Size: 44.5 x 45.4 x 12.9mm
- Weight: 79.5g
- Memory: 4GB eMMC / 768MB LPDDR3
- Battery: 240mAh
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b, g, n / Bluetooth 4.2 BLE / USB Type-C 2.0
- Sensors: 9-Axis / Pressure
- Movement: 2 Hands / Micro Gearbox
- Colour: Cloud Silver
- Other: IP68 Water and Dust Resistance / Quartz Movement