Internationally acclaimed Cloud solutions provider, Oracle, has been announced as Gold sponsor of Digital Retail Forum 2019, set to take place on 30 January at the Hilton Sandton in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Under the theme “Harnessing Digital Technology for Next-Level Customer Centred Retailing”, DRF2019 will focus on how emerging technologies such as Ai, IoT, drones, digital payment solutions, new eCommerce models and mobility are disrupting the retail sector.
The forum will gather over 200 retail industry leaders and experts, who will join in on discussions about making digital innovation a key process within all retail organisations. They will also talk about how to increase productivity, reduce costs, attract more customers, improve customer experience, enhance security and sell more – for both small independent retailers and large retail groups alike.
Oracle, a global provider of enterprise cloud computing, is empowering businesses of all sizes on their journey of digital transformation. Oracle Cloud provides leading-edge capabilities in software as a service, platform as a service, infrastructure as a service, and data as a service.
Oracle also helps customers develop strategic road-maps and advance their journey to the cloud from any point: new cloud deployments, legacy environments, and hybrid implementations.
The company’s complete, integrated approach makes it easy for companies to get started in the cloud and even easier to expand as business grows. Oracle’s application suites, platforms, and infrastructure leverage both the latest technologies and emerging ones—including artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, blockchain, and Internet of Things (IoT)—in ways that create business differentiation and advantage for customers.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Ben Williams , GM: Online at Exclusive Books
- Shawn Sipman, CX Business Dev & Strategy Leader – Africa at Oracle
- Dr Mark Nasila, Chief Analytics Officer: Consumer Banking & Chief Risk Office at First National Bank
- Phathizwe Malinga, Managing Director, SqwidNet
- Alastair Tempest, CEO at e-commerce Forum Africa
- Stephen Mallaby, COO at Argility Technology Group
- Richard Phillips, Joint CEO at Cash Connect Management Solutions
- Felipe Penacoba Martinez, CIO Retail & Business Banking at Santander UK
- Frans Van der Colff, Director at TIA
- Gareth Hawkey, CEO at redPanda Software
- Kofi Abunu, Chief Development Officer (Nigeria & Ghana) at Food Concepts Plc
- Lesego Moagi, Marketing Executive at AutoZone South Africa
- Bradley Elliot, Founder at Platinum Seed
- Vian Chinner, CEO at Xineoh
- Warrick Kernes, CEO at Insaka eCommerce Academy
Key topics to be discussed:
- Leveraging data to understand customer segments, manage risks and enhance decision making.
- Mapping your journey from brick-and-mortar to eCommerce.
- Leveraging mobile technology to enhance your in-store experience.
- Making Mobile Payment for Everything a reality.
- Leveraging AI to impact your bottom line and CX.
- Real-World retail digital transformation stories.
- Order Fulfilment: Improving efficiency and speed of delivery.
- Understanding the key drivers within the South African retail sector.
- Understanding the digital customer’s journey.
- Utilising technology to identify customer pain-points.
- Optimizing inventory management and supply chains with technology.
- Closing the gap between technology and personalization.
- Customer engagement with interactive digital signage and point-of-sale (POS) solutions.
- Delivering a technology platform that empowers the business and delights customers.
- Assessing emerging retail models and technologies that will define 2019 and beyond.
- Adapting to Generation Z – “the digital shopper”.
- The store of the future.