Felipe Penacoba Martinez, CIO for Retail and Business Banking at Santander UK has been confirmed as the keynote speaker for the upcoming Digital Retail Forum 2019, set to take place on 30 January, at the Hilton Sandton in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Themed Harnessing Digital Technology for Next-Level Customer Centred Retailing, DRF2019 will focus on how emerging technologies such as AI, IoT, drones, digital payment solutions, new eCommerce models and mobility are disrupting the retail sector. This event will also delve into how to survive by harnessing new technology to improve both Customer Experience and Operational Efficiency.
Felipe Penacoba Martinez is passionate about Technology, the amazing pace at which it evolves and how it can empower People and Organisations to excel and deliver to their purpose. Starting his career as a consultant at Accenture where he travelled the world implementing core banking systems and collaborating in large-scale IT transformation and integration programmes, Martinez has over 20 years of experience in the Financial Services industry, leading large and diverse teams within global retail and commercial banks.
In 2008 he moved to the UK where he held various positions at Santander UK, which is the 5th largest retail bank in the country. In his role as Chief Information Officer for Retail and Business Banking, Martinez is responsible for aspects of both “keeping the bank running” (BAU) and “changing the bank”, which means that he owns, leads and controls the quality of IT service delivery and the definition and execution of the IT strategy and change agenda.
Other confirmed speakers include:
- Ben Williams, GM: Online at Exclusive Books
- Dr Mark Nasila, Chief Analytics Officer: Consumer Banking & Chief Risk Office at First National Bank
- Alastair Tempest, CEO at e-commerce Forum Africa
- Vera Nagtegaal, Executive Head of Hippo.co.za
- Frans Van der Colff, Director at TIA
- Gareth Hawkey, CEO at redPanda Software
- Priya Thakoor, Chief Digital Officer at Coca-Cola
- Kofi Abunu, Chief Development Officer(Nigeria & Ghana) at Food Concepts Plc
- Lesego Moagi, Marketing Executive at AutoZone South Africa
- Bradley Elliot, Founder at Platinum Seed
- Vian Chinner, CEO at Xineoh
- Warrick Kernes, CEO at Insaka eCommerce Academy
Key topics to be discussed:
- Leveraging data to understand customer segments, manage risks and enhance decision making.
- Mapping your journey from brick-and-mortar to eCommerce.
- Leveraging mobile technology to enhance your in-store experience.
- Making Mobile Payment for Everything a reality.
- Leveraging AI to impact your bottom line and CX.
- Real-World retail digital transformation stories.
- Order Fulfilment: Improving efficiency and speed of delivery.
- Understanding the key drivers within the South African retail sector.