The Internet of Things (IoT) is a term sitting at the tip of everyone’s tongue in the tech space. It is estimated that by 2020 there will be up to 21 billion connected devices globally and IoT will be at the forefront of this revolution.
Many industry players get caught up in the hype of the futuristic value of IoT, but its potential to solve a plethora of issues facing the African continent on a day to day basis routinely gets overlooked. Whether it be healthcare, business or education, IoT has a number of innovative and practical solutions to problems facing those of us moving into a digital society.
Taking place on 26-27 March 2019 at the Gallagher Convention Centre in Midrand, Johannesburg, Internet of Things Forum Africa (#IOTFA) will gather thought leaders, solution providers and decision-makers from diverse industries for the third year in a row.
Some of the target industries for this event include Finance, Healthcare, Telecoms, Rail and Transport, Manufacturing, Mining, and Energy, along with many others. The content is geared toward helping CEOs, CMOs, CIO’s, Chief Transformation Officers, Data Centre Leaders, Digital Transformation Heads and Systems Integrators grapple with the concept of IoT and ultimately harness it’s potential fully.
Topics will include things like Smart Cities, IoT for Public Safety, Digital Transformation, Blockchain, IT Security, AI, Analytics, IoT Strategy, IoT Adoption.
Key discussions will centre around themes like:
- The Future of IoT – Predictions for a connected world
- Understanding the Route to Market and Stages in the Start-Up Lifecycle for an IoT Business
- Selecting the right platform for your IoT Project
- Testing IoT Devices and Platforms – Potential Pitfalls And How to Avoid Them
- Looking at The New World of Connectivity: 5G and the Internet of Things
- Advances in Wireless Connectivity -Enabling the IoT within Industries
- The disruptive impact of Mesh Networking on the Internet of Things
- Transforming Rural Africa with the power of IoT
- Smart City Ecosystems and Sustainability
- The Internet of Things – A service provider’s perspective
- Future of IoT Simulation: Internet of Virtual Things
- Assessing the Role of Smart Devices as a Critical Entry Point to the IoT Ecosystem
- The Future of IIoT Predictive Maintenance
- The Innovation of the Retail Industry Through IoT
- IoT in Public Transportation
- Accelerating Your IoT Transformation Journey
And so much more.
To register, speak or exhibit at the conference, visit: iotforumafrica.com [t]: 011 026 0982