Sony has unveiled its new 4K Handycam (FDR-AX43) which features a built-in gimbal mechanism with Balanced Optical SteadyShot technology, designed for content creators and vloggers who want to capture smooth, natural and high-quality video footage.
The FDR-AX43 implements some of Sony’s most advanced imaging technologies including ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T zoom lens with a wide-angle of 26.8mm and 20x optical zoom and Clear Image Zoom of 30x for 4K / 40x for HD.
The Handycam also features 1/2.5-type Exmor R CMOS image sensor and BIONZ X image processing engine to deliver excellent image quality, even in low-light conditions.
It has high-bitrate shooting (100Mbps for XAVC S 4K, 50Mbps for XAVC S HD) and fast intelligent AF for quick and precise subject capture. A microphone structure, with three mic capsules, ensures the FDR-AX43 captures clear sound, reduce noise and produce advanced sound quality.
The Handycam has extended battery life of up to 235 mins of continuous recording time with the supplied battery and power supply from AC adaptor. Thanks to the new onboard Highlight Movie Maker, users can create short movies in-camera without the need for post-production editing. Content creators and vloggers can then easily share MP4 movies on social media sites using their smartphones.
Sony Announces New Addition to Alpha 7S Series
Sony has introduced the long-awaited addition to its acclaimed Alpha 7S full-frame mirrorless camera series — the Alpha 7S III.
Sony Alpha 7S III key specifications:
- Brand new 12.1-megapixel (approx., effective) back-illuminated full-frame Exmor R™ CMOS image sensor and a newly developed BIONZ XR™ image processing engine with eight times more processing power and significantly reduced rolling shutter effect
- Ultra-high sensitivity with ISO4 range expandable from 40 – 409600 and improved image quality by approximately 1 stop noise reduction4 in the middle and high sensitivity ranges
- Video recording capabilities include 4K 120p1, 10 bit 4:2:2 colour depth, All Intra recording, XAVC HS format with H.265 codec and more
- 15+ stop dynamic range for movies
- 16-bit RAW video HDMI output for the first time in the Alpha series
- Fast Hybrid AF system with a 759 point phase-detection AF sensors covering 92% of image sensor
- Enhanced Real-time Eye AF for movie recording and still image recording
- New heat-dissipating mechanism and dual-slot relay recording enables over one-hour long 4K 60p 10-bit 4:2:2 movie shooting until battery ends
- 5-axis optical in-body image stabilisation supports handheld movie shooting, with added Active Mode for supporting especially difficult handheld movie shooting
- New world’s brightest and largest 0.64-type 9.44 million dot OLED electronic viewfinder
- Side Opening variable-angle LCD screen enhances shooting flexibility
- Completely redesigned menu system with a touch screen interface and touch operation
- High-speed continuous still image shooting at up to 10 fps for more than 1,000 consecutive uncompressed RAWs images with full AF / AE tracking
- Dual CFexpress Type A card slots that enable high-speed data processing while keeping the compact size
Follow IT News Africa on Twitter