Steam is a digital video game distribution platform launched on 12 September 2003. Developed by Valve, Steam allows users to download PC games from a wide catalogue directly to their computers. Steam is known for its simple interface, consumer-friendly approach to business and its extensive catalogue of games that span many genres and developers. Every year Steam holds its infamous Summer Sale that delivers incredible discounts on almost, if not all, games on the platform.
The Steam Summer Sale began on 25 June after some leaks about the sale surfaced a few weeks ago. The sale includes discounts on some of the year’s biggest releases. Below are some of the popular discounted games that people can get their hands on during the sale.
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey(2019): $29.99 (original price: $59.99)
- Astroneer (2019): $22.49 (original price: $29.99)
- Borderlands: The Handsome Collection (2015): $5.90 (original price: $229.49)
- Civilisation VI: Gold Edition (2018): $29.54 (original price: $127.92)
- Devil May Cry 5 (2019): $39.59 (original price: $59.99)
- Hitman 2 (2018): $23.99 (original price: $59.99)
- Monster Hunter World (2018) $29.99 (original price: $59.99)
- Resident Evil 2 Remake (2019): $39.59 (original price: $59.99)
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (2019): $47.99 (original price: $59.99)
- Soul Calibur VI (2018): $19.79 (original price: $59.99)
The 2019 Steam Summer Sale also includes a new mini-game called the Steam Grand Prix. In this mini-game players will choose between five different teams and complete varying ‘quests’ in order to Grand Prix Tokens that players can then redeem for items like profile backgrounds and emoticons. In addition to this, members of the overall winning teams in the Grand Prix will be able to receive up to three of the top items on that player’s Steam Wishlist.
The Steam Summer Sale and the Steam Grand Prix will run from 25 June 2019 to 9 July 2019.
Edited by Kojo Essah
Follow Kojo Essah on Twitter
Follow IT News Africa on Twitter