Deputy Minister of Communications, Ms Pinky Kekana, is set to deliver a keynote address at the third inaugural IoT Forum Africa 2019, which is set to take place on 26 – 27 March 2019 at the Gallagher Convention Centre, Johannesburg, South Africa.
The highly anticipated conference is targeted at academics, specialists, thought leaders, IoT ecosystem participants, and experts, and will create a platform for all players to share their knowledge of real-world IoT trends, challenges and solutions.
Under the theme “Driving Performance, Growth and Profitability with the power of IoT”, the conference is set to unpack how any business can harness the “business value” from IoT today, and in the future.
The Internet of Things (IoT) marketplace is progressing at an accelerated pace with remarkable innovations and true disruption, becoming the norm. Most notably, South Africa is ranked 4th in the world in terms of internet readiness. Internet readiness is measured by 4 key components, namely e-infrastructure , e-participation, IT-environment, and government e-services.
Communications Deputy Minister, Ms Pinky Kekana recently represented South Africa at the GSMA Mobile World Conference 2019 in Barcelona, Spain. At the conference, the Deputy Minister announced the launch of the Internet Inclusion Index during an expert panel discussion led by Facebook Inc. and ‘The Economist’.
As the Deputy Minister of Communications, but also hailing from a rural birthplace, Ms Kekana is passionate about bridging the digital divide between people of rural and metro areas, with a focus on living, working, and travelling.
With an array of topics, speakers and delegates will tackle key issues at IoT Forum 2019 such as:
- The Future of IoT – Predictions for a connected world.
- Selecting the right platform for your IoT Project
- Testing IoT Devices and Platforms – Potential Pitfalls And How to Avoid Them
- Looking at The New World of Connectivity: 5G and the Internet of Things
- Transforming Rural Africa with the power of IoT
- Smart City Ecosystems and Sustainability
- Assessing the Role of Smart Devices as a Critical Entry Point to the IoT Ecosystem
- Analysing the application of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT).
- The practicalities and challenges of securing IoT network infrastructure
- Accelerating Your IoT Transformation Journey
Confirmed speakers include:
- Phathizwe Malinga, Managing Director: Sqwidnet
- Roger Hislop, Executive Head: IOT at Internet Solutions
- Toros Esim Emre, Head of Digital Retail and Regional Director of Digital Strategy at Orange Business Services for the Middle East and African market.
- Johanna Juselius, Senior Advisor, EU Affairs, Helsinki-Uusimaa Region
- Rudeon Snell, Leonardo Leader for SAP Africa
- Kabelo Rabotho, Marketing Director, Nissan South Africa
- Abdul Baba, Head of IT Operations at www.kwese.com
- Colin Banks, SAP Leonardo Engagement Lead for SAP Africa
- Dr Mark Nasila, Chief Analytics Officer: Consumer Banking & Chief Risk Office at FNB
- Kyle Parker, CEO of MITAS, Pagemark Africa and COO of Informed Decisions
- Dr Towela Nyerinda Jere, Principal Programme Officer, Nepad Agency
- Sindisiwe Nhlapho Dlamini Moloi, CIO at Transnet SOC Ltd
- Lee Naik, CEO of TransUnion Africa
- Richard Barry, CEO at Polymorph
- Jon Foster-Pedley, Dean and director at Henley Business School, Africa
- Tshepo Motshegoa, Group Chief Information Officer at 3Sixty Financial Services Group
How to Participate:
Join as an attendee: Join hundreds of Africa’s entrepreneurs, IOT solution providers and technology leaders – for two days of top-level content, case studies, live demos, and plenty of networking opportunities.
Join as a speaker: Showcase your thought-leadership. Share your insights and experience. Shape solutions to critical business challenges.
Join us as an exhibitor: Showcase your brand and present your solutions to a select audience. Position your organisation at the forefront of Africa’s IoT revolution. Find new partnerships, investors, leads, and opportunities.
For more information, visit www.iotforumafrica.com