Over the course of a decade or so, the retail industry has seen a massive shift towards the adoption of technologies that add value to the evolving customer journey, and the innovation of products and services.
Under the theme “Harnessing Digital Technology for Next-Level Customer Centred Retailing”, the Digital Retail Forum is set to take place on 30 January 2019, at the Hilton Sandton in Johannesburg, South Africa, and aims to draw hundreds of Africa’s retail and technology leaders together to engage and give insights on emerging technology trends that are disrupting the retail sector.
The forum will bring together experts in their field like Executive Head of Hippo.co.za, Vera Nagtegaal, and CEO at E-commerce Forum Africa, Alastair Tempest. These experts and many others will join in discussions about making digital innovation a key process within all retail organisations. They will also talk about how to increase productivity, reduce costs, attract more customers, improve customer experience, enhance security and sell more for small independent retailers and large retail groups alike.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Ben Williams, GM: Online at Exclusive Books
- Dr Mark Nasila, Chief Analytics Officer: Consumer Banking & Chief Risk Office at First National Bank
- Alastair Tempest, CEO at Ecommerce Forum Africa
- Vera Nagtegaal, Executive Head of Hippo.co.za
- Frans Van der Colff, Director at TIA
- Gareth Hawkey, CEO at redPanda Software
- Priya Thakoor, Chief Digital Officer at Coca-Cola
- Kofi Abunu, Chief Development Officer(Nigeria & Ghana) at Food Concepts Plc
- Lesego Moagi, Marketing Executive at AutoZone South Africa
- Bradley Elliot, Founder at Platinum Seed
- Vian Chinner, CEO at Xineoh
- Warrick Kernes, CEO at Insaka eCommerce Academy
Key topics to be discussed:
- Leveraging data to understand customer segments, manage risks and enhance decision making.
- Mapping your journey from brick-and-mortar to eCommerce.
- Leveraging mobile technology to enhance your in-store experience.
- Making Mobile Payment for Everything a reality.
- Leveraging AI to impact your bottom line and CX.
- Real-World retail digital transformation stories.
- Order Fulfilment: Improving efficiency and speed of delivery.
- Understanding the key drivers within the South African retail sector.
- Understanding the digital customer’s journey.
- Utilising technology to identify customer pain-points.
- Optimizing inventory management and supply chains with technology.
- Closing the gap between technology and personalization.
- Customer engagement with interactive digital signage and point-of-sale (POS) solutions.
- Delivering a technology platform that empowers the business and delights customers.
- Assessing emerging retail models and technologies that will define 2019 and beyond.
- Adapting to Generation Z – “the digital shopper”.
- The store of the future.