With only two weeks to go, the 4th annual Healthcare Innovation Summit Africa is fast approaching.
The summit is set to take place on 17-18 October 2018 at the Gallagher Convention Centre in Johannesburg, South Africa, where hundreds of local and international medical practitioners, healthcare policy makers, heads of IT, technology experts and hospital administrators who will learn about the latest innovations in the African healthcare sector.
Under the theme “Paving the road to Sustainable Smart Healthcare” HISA 2018 will cover emerging technology trends in healthcare such as AI, IoT and wearables, electronic health records, medical practice management technology, healthcare data security and privacy, telemedicine, predictive analytics and much more. It will also look at the impact that these technologies have on hospital operations and healthcare delivery.
Top 10 topics to look out for:
- South African Healthcare: Alive with Possibilities… and Dire Challenges
- Visual Analytics in the Healthcare Environment
- Who Owns Patient Data? POPI/GDPR Implications
- Cognitive Healthcare: Its Personal
- The Future of Digital Healthcare With AI
- Applying Web Technology to Re-innovate Out-Patient Care
- Internet of Medical Things (IoMT) : Transforming Healthcare with Connected Medical Devices
- Shortage of Healthcare Providers, Availability of Technology in Africa, Bandwidth & Cost of Internet Access
- Healthcare Technology Beyond South Africa – Case Studies from Other African countries
- How IoT is Helping to Save Budgetary Resources to the Healthcare Industry
Confirmed speakers for HISA 2018:
- Montsheng Margret Tsiu, Free State MEC of Health
- Dr Michael Mol, Head of Hello Doctor and former Top Billing presenter (Conference Host)
- Andrew Raynes, Director of IM & T and Chief Information Officer at Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Rajeev R. Eashwari, Director: eHealth, Gauteng Department of Health
- Dr Sindeep Bhana, Principal Specialist & Head of Endocrinology & Metabolism at Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital
- Dr Tapiwa Chiwewe, Manager: Advanced and Applied AI at IBM
- Sheraan Amod, CEO: RecoMed
- Debbie Rodgers, Managing Director of Praekelt.org
- Iraneus Ogu, Director Africa Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain for Healthcare Initiative at Insilico Medicine, Inc
- Etienne Dreyer, Associate Director: PwC
- Leonard Slabbert, CTO: Boehringer Ingelheim, Sub-Sahara Africa
- Reg Courtenay, Deputy Director: IT Systems in Health, Joburg City
- Dr Kofi Okyere-Dede, Medical Doctor & “Ideas Guy” for Novitech Digital
- Mike Perk, CEO at WWC
- Peter Kanda, Head of Information Services at Gertrude’s Children’s Hospital, Kenya
- Dr Burton Shinners, COO, BusaMed Hospital Group
- Dr Ola Orekunrin-Brown, Founder of “Flying Doctors Nigeria”
- Ana Lídia Moreira, CCO & Co Founder of FisioCloud Brazil
- Paul Saunders, Data Analytics Product Manager at Mediswitch
- DilipNaran, Product Development Manager at Med-e-Mass
- Moshtaq Ahmed, CEO at NybSys/Racson
How to Participate:
Join as an attendee: Join local and international hospital CxOs, medical practitioners, healthcare IT leaders, service providers and government functionaries – for two days of top-level content, case studies, live demos, breakaway sessions and plenty of networking opportunities.
Join as a exhibitor: Showcase your health-tech innovations, projects, and solutions. Put your organisation at the centre of this one-of-a-kind gathering. Find new partnerships, investors, leads, and opportunities.
For more information about this conference, visit: http://www.healthcareinnovationsummit.co.za