Dell revealed the all new Dell XPS 13 and the first 2-in-1 device by the company the Dell XPS 15 at the Consumer Electronic Show (CES), held in January 2018 in Las Vegas. According to Dell the devices are aimed at the c-suite and individuals who expect their devices to perform, look good and be available in an instant. Dell have also revealed that both of these products will hit South African stores in February 2018.
“There are no half-measures, because today’s customers know if you’re just winging it,” according to Chris Buchanan, client solutions director for Dell EMC. “This has been the case for the PC market, where you either deliver or fade into obscurity. These are incredible devices, built for purpose and designed with the feedback of our loyal customers. But the new XPS 13 and XPS 15 2-in-1 don’t just reinforce this culture. They set the new level,” Buchanan added.
XPS 15 2-in-1 Specs:
- Processor Options: 8th Gen Intel Quad Core i5-8305G processor with Radeon RX Vega M GL graphics (6MB cache, up to 3.8GHz) or 8th Gen Intel Quad Core i7-8705G processor with Radeon™ RX Vega M GL graphics (8MB cache, up to 4.1GHz)
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit or Microsoftc Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
- Memory Options: 8GB-16GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2400MHz (On Board); 32GB post RTS
- Graphics: Radeon RX Vega M GL graphics with 4GB HBM2 RAM
- Display: 15.6-inch UltraSharp 4K Ultra HD (3200×1800) InfinityEdge touch display; 100% Adobe RGB (min) or 15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) InfinityEdge touch display; 100% sRGB, 400-nits, 1500:1 contrast ratio, anti-reflective 178° wide viewing angle – 89° / 89° / 89° / 89° Capacitive touchscreen – 10-finger touch support; Multi-Protocal Active Pen with Tilt Support
- Storage Options: 128GB, 256GB PCIe, 512GB PCIe, 1TB PCIe SSD
- Battery: 75WHr battery (built-in)
- Dimensions & Weight: Height: 0.35-0.63” (9 -16 mm) Width: 13.9” (354mm) Depth: 9.3” (235mm) Starting weight: 4.3 lbs* (1.97 kg*)
XPS 13 Specs:
- Processor Options: 8th Generation Intel Quad Core i5-8250U processor (6MB cache, up to 3.4GHz) or 8th Generation Intel Quad Core i7-8550U processor (8MB cache, up to 4.0GHz)
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Ubuntu 16.04 ((fingerprint reader, Waves MaxxAudio and Cortana not supported)
- Memory Options: LPDDR3 4GB-8GB Dual Channel SDRAM at 1866MHz or 16GB Dual Channel SDRAM at 2133MHz (On Board)
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 620
- Display: 13.3-inch UltraSharp 4K Ultra HD (3840×2160), InfinityEdge touch display 100% sRGB, 13.3inch FHD (1920 x 1080) InfinityEdge touch display, 72% color gamut or 13.3-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) InfinityEdge display, 72% color gamut 400-nits, 1500:1 contrast ratio, anti-reflective 178° wide viewing angle – 89° / 89° / 89° / 89°
- Storage Options: 128GB SATA, 256GB PCIe, 512GB PCIe, 1TB PCIe SSD
- Battery: 52WHr battery (built-in)
- Dimensions & Weight: Height: 0.3-0.46 inches (7.8 -11.6 mm) Width: 11.9” (302mm) Depth: 7.8” (199mm) Starting weight: 2.67 lbs.* (1.21 kg) for non-touch, starting at 2.68 lbs.* (1.21 kg) for touch
The recommended retail price for these devices has yet to be revealed by Dell.