Seedstars World, a global startup competition, announced on Thursday 27 September 2017 the selection of the 11 early-stage startups who will compete at its first-ever event in Cameroon. The startups will go up against each other with the winner earning the chance to pitch for up to US$1 million in equity investment at next year’s global final in Switzerland.
The Cameroon leg will build on other competitions already hosted by the global early-stage startup competition. Seedstars has hosted various competitions across Africa this year and has already picked winners in Mozambique, Tunisia, Tanzania, South Africa, Uganda, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Ghana and Senegal.
The event will take place at ActivSpaces in Douala on September 29 2017, and 11 startups have been chosen to pitch for a place in the global final.
The 11 startups from Cameroon:
- e-health startup Allodoc
- Website-building platform Bridge Africa Ventures
- Communications platform Cloomify
- Drone-mapping startup Drone Africa
- AI-based medical support platform GiftedMom
- Entrepreneur visibility platform Guanxi Investment
- Fintech startup iDjangui
- Ticketing platform MyExpressTicket
- Fast food delivery platform Ratagrab
- Social media lead generation service VIKI
- Agri-tech startup Save Our Agriculture
The event will be open to members of the public and interested parties can register here.