Showmax, an Internet TV service, revealed on Tuesday 29 August 2017 that customers will now be able to enjoy their favourite TV shows and movies on demand with no contract and no ads via the Showmax app on Xbox One consoles. The app, which is available on the Xbox Store, adds to the Showmax offering which includes apps for tablets, smartphones, computers, media players and smart TVs.
Since its launch two years ago, Showmax has continued to add new functionality on a regular basis such as downloads, profiles, parental controls, support for AirPlay and Chromecast, and bandwidth capping.
More recently, Showmax was added to the DStv Explora and Android TV platforms. Multiple integrations for voucher payment, mobile payment, and add-to-bill have also been completed with banks and telcos. The addition of the Xbox One app is the latest step in the continued development of Showmax.
How to get the Showmax app on the Xbox One:
• If you’ve not done so already, sign up for Showmax via www.showmax.com. There’s a no-risk 14-day free trial. Showmax is not a contract – it’s simply paid on a month to month basis and can be cancelled any time.
• You’ll need the email address and password you use to sign up for Showmax to sign in on the Xbox One.
• Go to the Store tab on the Xbox One.
• Go to the Search tab on the right-hand side of the screen and search for Showmax.
• Install the app.
• Sign in to the app using the same email and password you used to sign up for Showmax.
• To pin the Showmax app to your home screen, highlight the app tile, press the menu button and then select “pin to home”.
The company said that the launch of a similar app on PlayStation 4 “will be here soon.”