PHASA is a voluntary organisation of individuals passionate about population health improvements and the reduction of health inequities, and whose work focuses on the prevention of disease, the promotion of health, and the improved functioning of the country’s health care system.
PHASA aims to:
– Advocate for the conditions for a healthy society.
– Promote teaching and research in public health issues.
– Support the publication of relevant materials.
– Encourage and facilitate measures for disease prevention and health promotion.
Sponsored by Telkom, healthcare and technology executives will convene at the Protea Fire & Ice Hotel in Melrose Arch, Johannesburg for the upcoming Healthcare Innovation Summit. The Summit will be held on 19 August 2015, and will address the theme – “Transforming Healthcare with Technology.”
Topics to be discussed at the Healthcare Innovation Summit include:
– The future of medicine: healing hands or robotic arms?
– Telemedicine as a model for healthcare service delivery: Is Africa ready for “care at a
– Protecting pharmaceutical intellectual property rights in Africa
– Towards universal health coverage with mobile money
– Bringing Technology Innovation to Cancer Treatment and Delivery
– Data analysis and business intelligence for healthcare resource planning
– POPI: The impact on Healthcare
Rising costs, changing demographics and growing consumer expectations are changing healthcare. Providers and payers are seeking better quality care and improved outcomes whilst striving for much more efficient models of delivery.
These pressures for transformation are changing the status of IT in healthcare as it facilitates an information revolution in healthcare. Increasingly, ICT is being used more collaboratively to support and drive substantial cultural and strategic change and provide the infrastructure, processes and tools to support this.
This African Innovator Roundtable on Innovation in Healthcare has been developed to provide critical input for stakeholders in healthcare, providing objective, timely, evaluation of the different healthcare challenges and applications and solutions for tackling them.
For more information, visit: http://www.africaninnovatormagazine.com/healthcare.html or contact Brian Mooki on +27 11 026 0982 or email@example.com