2K has revealed a number of new features coming to WWE 2K19, beginning with core gameplay updates including general improvements, new match types, the Payback System, Big Head Mode and more.
2K has also revealed that it will share additional features information – including details for MyPlayer, Creation and Universe advancements – over the next few days and in lead up to the October 9 2018 release. Fans can also join the fun by voting on WWE 2K19’s Twitter poll for the information they want to learn about next.
The details revealed by 2K relate to core gameplay additions and improvements, including:
- An improved the framerate for matches with six or more characters on-screen; overhauled strikes, with over 250 new attack and reaction animations; a wider variety of offense for computer-controlled opponents; bolstered commentary, with over 15,000 new lines from the team of Michael Cole, Corey Graves and Byron Saxton; dozens of new match scoring conditions; and the ability to change controller assignments during Universe and Exhibition matches;
- New 5-Man, 6-Man, 8-Man and Royal Rumble match types;
- A more realistically proportioned Hell in a Cell structure that more accurately captures the tension of battling within;
- A revamped steel cage with new interactions, options, mini-games and the option to leave through the cage door;
- The ability to choose who is holding the Money in the Bank briefcase in Universe and Exhibition modes; ability to customize Money in the Bank briefcases and a variety of cash-in sequences;
- Addition of a new Payback System, a defensive mechanic that can turn the momentum of a match and get you back on track;
- Big Head Mode option to toggle on Big Heads for any WWE Superstar or created character!
With these new features being announced, we cannot wait to get our hands on WWE 2K19.