For the past three years, healthcare and technology professionals have gathered at this one-of-a-kind event to engage in discussions aimed at finding innovative solutions to Africa’s many healthcare challenges.
With “Paving the road to Sustainable Smart Healthcare” as the running theme for the summit, HISA 2018 will cover emerging technology trends in healthcare such as AI, IoT and wearables, electronic health records, medical practice management solutions, healthcare data security and privacy, telemedicine, predictive analytics and much more. It will also look at the impact that these technologies have on hospital operations and healthcare delivery.
This year’s event will feature influential speakers, many of whom have implemented game-changing tech solutions within their healthcare organisations. It is no surprise that major tech and healthcare brands, as well as government departments, have thrown their weight behind this summit.
Some of the organisations that will be represented at HISA2018 include: Royal Papworth Hospital (UK), Microsoft SA, IBM, Mail & Guardian, Mediswitch, Med-e-Mass, Gauteng Health, Free State Health, HP, Joburg City, Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital, Life Healthcare Group, Medscheme, FisioCloud Brazil, Flying Doctors Nigeria, Abby (Robotic Nurse), Discovery Health, and many more.
Confirmed speakers for HISA 2018:
- Montsheng Margret Tsiu, Free State MEC of Health
- Dr Michael Mol, Head of Hello Doctor and former Top Billing presenter (Conference Host)
- Rajeev R. Eashwari, Director: eHealth, Gauteng Department of Health
- Dr Sindeep Bhana, Principal Specialist & Head of Endocrinology & Metabolism at Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital
- Etienne Dreyer, Associate Director: PwC
- Leonard Slabbert, CTO: Boehringer Ingelheim, Sub-Sahara Africa
- Reg Courtenay, Deputy Director: IT Systems in Health, Joburg City
- Dr Kofi Okyere-Dede, Medical Doctor & “Ideas Guy” for Novitech Digital
- Mike Perk, CEO at WWC
- Dr Ola Orekunrin-Brown, Founder of “Flying Doctors Nigeria”
- Jaco van den Heever, Founder and Head of Consulting at Sand Dollar Design
- Ana Lídia Moreira, CCO & Co Founder of FisioCloud Brazil
- Paul Saunders, Data Analytics Product Manager at Mediswitch
- Dilip Naran, Product Development Manager at Med-e-Mass
- Moshtaq Ahmed, CEO at NybSys/Racson
- Rebone Segoale, Industry Solution Executive: Healthcare Microsoft SA
- Andre Truter, Digital Strategist Microsoft SA
- Tumiso Malombo , Digital Strategist Microsoft SA
Key topics at this HISA 2018 include:
- South African Healthcare: Alive with Possibilities… and Dire Challenges
- Visual Analytics in the Healthcare Environment
- Who Owns Patient Data? POPI/GDPR Implications
- Cognitive Healthcare: Its Personal The Future of Digital Healthcare With AI
- Applying Web Technology to Re-innovate Out-Patient Care
- Internet of Medical Things (IoMT) : Transforming Healthcare with Connected Medical Devices
- Shortage of Healthcare Providers, Availability of Technology in Africa, Bandwidth & Cost of Internet Access
- Healthcare Technology Beyond South Africa – Case Studies from Other African countries
How to Participate:
Join as an attendee: Join local and international hospital CxOs, medical practitioners, healthcare IT leaders, service providers and government functionaries – for two days of top-level content, case studies, live demos, breakaway sessions and plenty of networking opportunities.
Join as a speaker: Showcase your thought-leadership. Share your insights and experience. Shape solutions to critical business challenges.
Join us as an exhibitor: Showcase your health-tech innovations, projects, and solutions. Put your organisation at the centre of this one-of-a-kind gathering. Find new partnerships, investors, leads, and opportunities.