Special education primarily consists of a variety of educational services that address the individual differences and needs of students with physical or mental disabilities, as well as behavioural disorders. This practice ensures a different approach to teaching that is better suited for such students and will allow for increased self-sufficiency and access to learning opportunities previously unavailable to them.
The integration of technology in education is a growing and innovative trend that can greatly magnify the results obtained from the processes of special education. Assistive technology is highly rated as one of the methods designed to make special education more efficient. It refers to the devices and services that are used to improve the functional capabilities of students with disabilities
Amongst others, assistive technology will be one of the key topics discussed at the “Education Innovation Summit”, set to take place on 31 May 2018 at the Hilton, Sandton in Johannesburg, South Africa. Hosted by IT News Africa, the summit is designed to bring together innovation leaders and the academic community to accelerate innovative thinking in education. It will further provide discussion topics about cutting-edge education technology challenges facing the industry today. Moreover, the summit will explore technology innovations that will enhance teaching and learning in the academic institutions.
Under the theme “Transforming Education with Technology”, the Education Innovation Summit promises to create opportunities for valuable conversations as the event will encourage interactive, roundtable discussions and case studies from leading academics, CIOs, regulators, NGOs, service providers and EduTech entrepreneurs, all sharing their experiences on what works and what does not.
Other key topics will include:
- Overcoming barriers to tech adoption in education.
- Change management: administrators and educational technologies- narrowing the divide.
- Fostering creativity through introducing design thinking to the educational process.
- Practical challenges of digital learning: getting the balance right for future-thinking.
- Transforming education: the power of ICT policies.
- Navigating the road blocks to innovation in education.
- Transforming Education: The power of ICT Policies.
- Reimagining the Role of Technology in Higher Education.
- Innovation in Education: what works, what doesn’t, and what to do about it?
- ICT Integration in Education – Incorporation for Teaching & Learning Improvement.
- Creating an e-learning strategy that works.
Speakers at this year’s event include:
- Riaan Van Der Bergh, Technology Manager Education Lead, FEDSAS
- Anele Davids, Director, Ict And Teacher Development, Sci-Bono, Discovery Centre
- Dr James Keevy, Ceo, Jet Education Services
- Michelle Lissoos, Managing Director, Think Ahead Education Solutions
- Michele Botha, Assessment Specialist: Primary Schools: Independent Examination Board (IEB)
- Prof Duan Vd Westhuizen, Professor: Learning Technologies, University of Johannesburg
- Tom Parry, Co-Founder and MD South Africa, Instill Education
For more information regarding the summit, visit: http://www.educationinnovationsummit.co.za/
Sponsorships & Exhibitions: http://www.educationinnovationsummit.co.za/sponsor/
[t]: 011 026 0981/2 [e]: [email protected]