It’s official, Monster Hunter World launches on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One at the end of this week. While we are eager to get our hands on the full retail release, it looks as though Monster Hunter World will need an update before we can all enjoy the full experience.
According to a post on the official Monster Hunter World website, the version 1.01 update will weigh in at roughly 815 MB; however, this may vary depending on the console you are playing on.
The day one patch includes the following features:
Additional System Features
– Multiplayer, event quests, chat functionality, and other online features
– Now able to claim content via the Housekeeper in your room
– Gallery Mode added to the title menu
– The gallery allows you to view all of the cutscenes you have watched so far in the game. The player character that appears in the cutscenes will vary depending on which save data you have loaded.
Once you have made enough progress in the story, a Poogie will appear in the tradeyard in Astera. Get the Poogie to warm up to you by petting it in just the right way! Once it’s friendly with you, pick it up and carry it to different places throughout Astera… and you might just be rewarded for your kindness!
Additional Display Languages
In addition to Japanese, English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish, the following languages will be added. Additional voices will not be added.
Additional display languages vary by region
– North America, South America: Brazilian Portuguese
– Europe, Middle East, Oceania, Africa, India: Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Polish, Russian
– Asia: Traditional Chinese, Korean
– Japan: no additional display languages
The update will also include various minor bug fixes.