Seedstars World, the global seed-stage startup competition for emerging markets has selected the most promising tech startups to pitch at the Seedstars Luanda pitching event on October 13th at 4pm at TGI House in Angola, Luanda. The startups will compete to represent the country at the Regional and Global Seedstars Summits, and win up to USD 1 million in equity investments and other prizes.
The event is carried out by main sponsor Thomson Group International (TGI), local ambassador organisation KiandaHUB, as well as various regional partners such as Enel Green Power and Microsoft 4Afrika. This addition also received strong support from local players such as 7 Mobile, Soba, Infrasat, Menos Fios, Integrated Solutions , Bantu Makers, Revista Gestao and Rumo amongst others.
“As an Investment firm focused in Angola for over a decade, we are very happy to see and be part of organizations like Seedstars coming into the Angolan market and further igniting the entrepreneurial energy in this still very young country. It has grown for the last 3 years, every year becoming a more impressive event, and look forward to seeing it continue to grow for many more.” says Alexander Thomson, President and Founder at TGI group.
“We are seeing a more diverse group of entrepreneurs compared to last year’s edition and we are positive that this batch will raise the bar even more.“ Said Joel Epalanga, Co-Founder and Managing Partner at KiandaHub.
The top startups selected to advance to the pitching event are:
1. Techno Society– Developing portable electronic device, capable of charging low energy consumption equipment such as PC and Mobile Phones, through water.
2. GlobalTech OMICROM: An integral system of hospital management using artificial intelligence in order to minimize human errors in hospitals.
3. AngoGaming: A virtual competition platform for the game community in Angola dedicated to E-Sports.
4. Deya: Deya is a crowdfunding platform to connect entrepreneurs and creatives to a community of supporters to help them bring their ideas to life.
5. IAA – Imagens Aereas de Angola – provides aerial photo acquisition services and photogrammetric data using drones.
6. Na Via – A company that tries to revolutionize the way the bottom line of the society access advertising campaigns.
7. Salo – An online platform that allows its users to find and hire services for certain tasks, such as cleaning, delivery, home services.
8. Softwares 4Mais – Make company and school manage their business faster, cheaper and more efficiently.
9. UseKamba – A mobile wallet with money that allows for reliable online payments.
Beyond the local event, Seedstars World is working very closely with Enel Green Power to source the most innovative business models in the energy sectors and ones that are fostering socio-economic development in rural villages in Africa. Up to 5 best startups in this sector will be invited to an exclusive RES4Africa networking event taking place later this November in Nairobi and compete for an Africa Energy Prize which consists of a financial contribution and a three-month acceleration programme for a total value of up to $50,000.