The 3rd edition of the Healthcare Innovation Summit Africa (#HISA2017) took place on 29 and 30 August 2017 at VodaWorld in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The event, which featured provocative panel discussions, interactive roundtables and a roster of thought-leading, incisive speakers, drew in CxOs, administrators, heads of technology, policy makers and key stakeholders from public and private hospitals, as well as health-tech entrepreneurs and academics.
Unlike any other event on the African healthcare calendar, HISA2017 looked to join the dots between innovation and practicality, by presenting the latest healthcare technologies and showcasing their practical application and integration into existing healthcare infrastructure.
The Summit tackled topics such as robotics, electronic health records, delivering personalised healthcare, artificial intelligence, IoT in healthcare, healthcare policy, telemedicine advances and the future of healthcare in Africa.
Speakers at the event included:
- DR NOMAFRENCH MBOMBO, MEC for Health: Western Cape Government, South Africa
- Raymond Billa, CEO at Helen Joseph Hospital, Johannesburg
- Rajeev R Eashwari, Member, Ministerial Advisory Committee on eHealth & Director: eHealth, KZN Provincial Department of Health
- Burton Shinners, COO, Nelson Mandela Children’s Hospital
- Ian De Vega, Director of Information Management, Western Cape Department of Health
- Leonard Slabbert, Head of Technology at Boehringer Ingelheim
- Vuma Magaqa, Director: Information Technology, KZN Provincial Department of Health
- Richard Gordon, Executive Director at the SAMRC
- Andrew Brown, Managing Executive, MediSwitch
- Valter Adao, Partner and Lead Director at Deloitte Digital Africa
- Elliot Sack, CEO at eHealth Group
The event drew praise from the various delegates in attendance.
Here is the event unpacked in pictures. For the full image gallery click here. Photography by Darryl Linington.