Today, at a launch event in Johannesburg, BlackBerry, a part of TCL Communication, in partnership with Vodacom announced that the new BlackBerry KEYone will be available in Vodacom stores across South Africa starting next week.
The KEYone is the first smartphone released by TCL Communication under a new brand licensing agreement signed in December 2016 with BlackBerry Limited. The device is focused on strength, speed and security and is expected to make a big impact on the South African market, this according to Bob El-Hawary, EMEA head of carrier operations for BlackBerry Mobile.
The BlackBerry KEYone will be available exclusively at Vodacom stores as of the 8th August 2017 for a limited period and will retail for R9,649.
- Durability- BlackBerry KEYone combines a sleek aluminum frame and soft grip textured back built to offer the best in durability.
- Runs Android 7.1 Nougat – giving users access to the entire Google Play store and apps – and will receive Google security patch updates.
- Smart Keyboard – Up to 52 customizable shortcuts, providing even greater ease of use combined with keyboard scrolling.
- Loaded with BlackBerry Hub – Bringing all your messages into one consolidated place; including emails, texts and messages from any social media account.
- Security features – The BlackBerry KEYone is designed to offer the most secure Android smartphone experience possible.
- Long battery life – Featuring the largest battery ever found in a BlackBerry smartphone, the BlackBerry KEYone offers roughly 26 hours of mixed use, thanks to its 3505mAh battery.
- Photo quality – The BlackBerry KEYone includes a 12MP rear camera with an industry leading camera sensor that captures sharp, crisp photos in any light. And for when you have to take a video conference on the go, it includes an 8MP front camera with fixed focus and 84-degree wide angle lens.
Pre-orders for BlackBerry KEYone now open on Cellucity’s website: www.cellucity.co.za/mobile/preorder/
By Dean Workman