Dell EMC, the IT solutions arm of Dell Technologies, has announced the worldwide availability of their next generation servers. These servers aim to help customers of all sizes fuel their IT transformation initiatives. According to the company, the design of the new 14th generation Dell EMC PowerEdge server portfolio forms a scalable, automated and secure compute platform for traditional and cloud-native applications, and is designed for new Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors.
“The Dell EMC PowerEdge 14th generation servers improve upon the world’s best-selling server portfolio, designed to drive our customers’ IT transformations,” said Ashley Gorakhpurwalla, president, Server Solutions Division at Dell EMC. “Our modern infrastructure solutions are a game changer in today’s digital economy. With our cyber-resilient architecture and performance innovations, we will enable our customers to unleash their business potential.”
In a recent ESG 2017 IT Transformation Maturity Curve study commissioned by Dell EMC, organisations furthest along in their IT transformation initiatives are seven times more likely to view IT as a competitive differentiator. To achieve this, the priority for many IT transformation initiatives is a modern infrastructure that can securely deliver improved efficiencies while driving innovation that enables new business models.
These new servers, are designed with scalable business architecture and help customers efficiently meet their changing business needs. They are also packed with other functions such as intelligent automation that enable IT professionals to focus on mission-critical tasks that drive greater customer and business value. The also contain integrated security that provide a robust cyber-resilient architecture enables customers to protect, detect, recover and retire PowerEdge servers.
The Dell EMC’s line-up of PowerEdge servers includes:
- Dell EMC PowerEdge R640 – Ideal combination for dense scale-out data center computing and storage in a 1U/2-socket platform
- Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 – Workhorse for demanding environments providing the ideal balance between storage, I/O and application acceleration and with superior configuration flexibility in a 2U/2S platform. R740 enables up to 50 percent more VDI users per server8 and up to 50 percent more GPU accelerator support for Hadoop analytics9
- Dell EMC PowerEdge R740XD – This 2U/2S platform is best-in-class storage performance and density for applications like software-defined storage and with the versatility demanded by cloud service providers, Hadoop/Big Data users and co-location hosting
- Dell EMC PowerEdge R940 – This 3U/ 4S platform handles extremely demanding, mission critical workloads like enterprise resource planning (ERP), e-commerce and very large databases. The PowerEdge R940 can save up to US $600,000 in Oracle Licensing costs10 and performs up to 44% faster in a SAP SD Sybase Environment11
- Dell EMC PowerEdge M640 and FC640 – A modular serves designed for high performance with best-in-class density for exceptional scalability in a Blade and Modular platform
- Dell EMC PowerEdge C6420 – Designed for high performance computing. Maximises density, scalability and energy efficiency per unit in a 2U/8S Modular platform.
· Dell EMC PowerEdge R940, R740, R740xd, R640, and C6420 are now available worldwide.
· Dell EMC PowerEdge FC640 and M640 will be available later in 2017.
· Dell EMC solutions based on new PowerEdge servers will become available worldwide throughout the second half of 2017.