On the 31st of May at the Radisson Blu Gautrain hotel, the second edition of the Education Innovation Summit will be taking place. This year the focus will be on helping instructors and administrators improve efficiency, learner assessment and data management and collection. Under the theme “Transforming Education With Technology” the conference will be interactive with roundtable discussions and case studies from leading education experts, policy makers, service providers and EduTech entrepreneurs.
Education reform is essential to provide learners with what are commonly called 21st century skills — those competencies and values needed to become responsible citizens in a learning society and allow learners to sustain employability throughout life in a knowledge economy.
Technology has the potential to transform education by extending the learning space beyond the four walls of a classroom. Although brick-and-mortar schools will continue to play a leading role in education over the coming decades, technology offers a variety of learning opportunities beyond the physical limits of school.
With the current accelerated growth in mobile devices, there is already an emergence of flexible, open learning environments that enable contextual, real-time, interactive and personalised learning. The summit will explore all the possibilities and opportunities which technology creates in the educational environment.
Key Topics :
- Investing in ICT for Education
- Connecting with the next generation of students through mobile and social media
- Transforming to a digital institution
- How can technology drive down the cost of tertiary education in Africa
- How data and analytics can improve education
- How moving to the cloud can help schools
- Unlocking sustainable finance for education from non-traditional sources
- Best practice: incorporating innovative tools in teaching and learning
- Online Education: IT Security and hacking as an emerging challenge
- Exploring the potential impact and benefits of Social media and gamification in learning
For more information on this conference visit: http://africaninnovatormagazine.com/education/