Samsung Electronics South Africa has unveiled the availability of the Samsung Gear Fit2 and the Gear IconX in South Africa, the latest additions to Samsung’s range of wearable devices.
According to Samsung, the Gear Fit2 sports band features an embedded GPS and a heart rate monitor (HRM) that offers accurate and robust fitness tracking and measurement, while providing instant feedback on the user’s workout.
The Gear IconX are truly cord-free earbuds that can track fitness information and provide users with feedback on their running performance. Both the Gear Fit2 and Gear IconX are optimised to enhance training and help improve users’ fitness levels, whether users are training for a marathon or taking a daily stroll through the neighbourhood.
Craige Fleischer, Director of Integrated Mobility at Samsung Electronics South Africa, said the latest Samsung fitness wearables are designed with consumers’ fitness needs in mind, delivering features such as precise tracking technology and a standalone music player to provide users with the optimal fitness experience. “Go farther, do better and get the most out of every workout – with the Gear Fit2 and the IconX it just couldn’t be any simpler,” Fleischer mentions.
Gear Fit2: Advanced Features for Fitness
– Features an ergonomic, sleek and slim design for comfortable everyday use.
– Provides a Super AMOLED curved display with a high-resolution color touchscreen for easy fitness monitor, or checking and responding to text message notifications.
– Embedded GPS and HRM sensor for accurate data tracking of activities that fit any lifestyle.
– With a Auto Activity Tracking feature, users won’t have to manually activate the sports band – whether running, walking, cycling, or utilizing rowing machine or elliptical trainer.
– Enables easy transfer of fitness data between S Health and other select fitness applications, providing 1:1 competition with your friends.
– The standalone music player enables users to actively workout with motivation without the need of a mobile device.
Gear IconX: A Simple and Wireless Experience
– Provides a lightweight, secure and comfortable fit with three different sizes of eartips and wingtips, activated by simply placing the earbuds in the user’s ears.
– Enables tracking of fitness data such as distance, speed, duration, heart rate and calories burned, easily syncing with S Health.
– Includes a Voice Guide feature that provides instant voice feedback on the user’s workout progress and provides a standalone music listening experience.
– With Bluetooth capability and an internal storage that can play up to 1,000 MP3s – users can simply tap or swipe the earbuds to easily control the music.
“Throughout the journey of bringing new innovations and concepts to the smart wearable market, Samsung has bravely pioneered this category with its advanced wearable portfolio. The new Gear Fit2 and Gear IconX encourage consumers to stay healthy and active with Samsung’s range of smart lifestyle products,” concludes Fleischer.