The City & Guilds Group, a global leader in skills development, has been confirmed as a strategic partner for the upcoming 2016 Education Innovation Summit. Backed by a Royal Charter, the City & Guilds Group has more than 135 years’ worth of experience in making sure that people are prepared to contribute to successful businesses and thriving economies.
The Education Innovation Summit, which has been organised by IT News Africa and sponsored by Telkom, will see education and technology executives convene at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Sandton, Johannesburg on the 17th of March 2016 to discuss Transforming Education with Technology.
Purpose of the Education Innovation Summit:
At the administrative level, technology can make education systems more efficient by helping teachers and administrators streamline routine tasks and improve assessment and data collection. In the classroom, technology can be a powerful catalyst for pedagogical change, as students use technology to take a more active role in personalising their own education, and teachers take on new roles as facilitators of knowledge rather than knowledge transmitters.
Technology also has the potential to transform education by extending the learning space beyond the four walls of a classroom. Although brick-and-mortar schools will continue to play a leading role in education over the coming decades, technology offers a variety of learning opportunities beyond the physical limits of school.
This summit will focus on cutting-edge technology solutions that have the potential to change the face of education, with particular focus on the application of these solutions within the African context.
The format of the summit is interactive with roundtable discussions and case studies from leading academics, CIOs, regulators, NGOs, service providers and EduTech entrepreneurs, all sharing their experiences on what works and what does not.
Topics to be discussed at the Education Innovation Summit include:
– The Role of Digital Technology in Education
– The MOOC Model: Challenging Traditional Education models
– Developing and implementing Education Policy
– How can technology drive down the cost of university education in Africa?
– Unlocking sustainable finance for education through nontraditional sources
– Best practice: Incorporating innovative tools in teaching and learning
– A vision for the school of tomorrow
– Investing in ICT for Education
– Connecting with the next generation of students through mobile and social media
For more information: visit: http://www.africaninnovatormagazine.com/education_summit.html
Contact: Tinashe on: Tel: +27 11 026 0982 Fax: 0866130386
About the City & Guilds Group:
The City & Guilds Group is a global leader in skills development. Its purpose is to enable people and organisations to develop their skills for personal and economic growth.
Backed by a Royal Charter, the City & Guilds Group has more than 135 years’ worth of experience in making sure that people are prepared to contribute to successful businesses and thriving economies.
The City & Guilds Group partners with more than 300 companies to develop the skilled workforces that they need, and invests in learning technologies to help people learn whenever and wherever they can.
The City & Guilds Group is made up of City & Guilds, the Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM), City & Guilds Kineoand The Oxford Group:
– City & Guilds develops programmes of learning, learning technology, certification and assessment, to support colleges, training providers and governments.
– ILM helps individuals, education providers and businesses improve the standards of leadership and management through qualifications, accredited training and specialist member services. ILM awards qualifications to over 95,000 managers across the world every year.
– City & Guilds Kineo is a global workplace learning company. It offers a fresh approach to elearning management systems, apprenticeships and managed learning services.
– The Oxford Group provides bespoke management training, leadership development and executive coaching to the world’s leading companies.
Combined, the City & Guilds Group operates in over 80 countries, through 10,000 training centres, delivering qualifications in 26 different industries.