Johannesburg, August 2015: Healthcare and technology leaders will come together at the Protea Fire & Ice Hotel in Melrose Arch, Johannesburg, on the 19th of August 2015, for the African Innovator: Healthcare Innovation Summit, under the theme – “Transforming Healthcare with Technology.”
Sponsored by Telkom, the Healthcare Innovation Summit has generated a great deal of excitement within the healthcare and technology sectors, with senior executives from leading public and private organisations confirming their attendance.
African Innovator Magazine has secured a number of high-calibre speakers for the summit including:
– Bhavna Patel, CEO, Groote Schuur Hospital
– Lynelle Bagwandeen, Group Company Secretary & General Counsel, Netcare Group
– Dr Jan Pienaar, (M.B.,Ch.B.; DOM), Chief Medical Officer, Anglo American
– Dr Imoh Okon (PhD Imperial College, London), Georgia State University (Atlanta, Georgia, USA)
– Zuby Onwuta, CEO and Founder, Think and Zoom (Austin, Texas)
– Dr MC Conradie, Specialist, Robotic Surgery, Netcare Waterfall City Hospital
– Valter Adao, Managing Director-Healthcare Africa, Deloitte Consulting
– Leonard Slabbert, Head of IT,Boehringer-Ingelheim
These are some of the organisations that will be represented by senior executives at the summit:
Groote Schuur Hospital- Health24.com- George Mukhari Academic Hospital- Med-e-Mass- InterSystems- Merck Group- Edwards Lifesciences- Helen Joseph Hospital- KPMG- CPUT- Netcare- Deloitte- Georgia State University- Frost & Sullivan- Spoor and Fisher – Ekurhuleni Health District- Gauteng Department of Health- National Department of Health- Wits School of Public Health- Public Health Association of South Africa- Sanofi Aventis- Telkom Business- Life Group- Medscheme- Aspen Pharmacare- Anglo American- Boehringer Ingelheim- Independent Practitioners Association Foundation- Antrum Biotech- Aspen Pharmacare- Zydus Healthcare- UCS Technologies- Bestmed- SAP- Hetero Drugs- Kwa Zulu Natal Department of Health.
Key Topics to be discussed at the Healthcare Innovation Summit include:
– The future of medicine: healing hands or robotic arms?
– Telemedicine as a model for healthcare service delivery: Is Africa ready for “care at a distance?”
– Pharmaceutical intellectual property rights in Africa: The challenges and opportunities
– Healthcare records, patient privacy and security
– Towards universal healthcare coverage with mobile money
– Bringing Technology Innovation to Cancer Treatment and Delivery
– Data analysis and business intelligence for healthcare resource planning
– POPI: The impact on Healthcare
About the Healthcare Innovation Summit:
Rising costs, changing demographics and growing consumer expectations are changing healthcare. Providers and payers are seeking better quality care and improved outcomes whilst striving for much more efficient models of delivery.
These pressures for transformation are changing the status of IT in healthcare as it facilitates an information revolution in healthcare. Increasingly, technology is being used more collaboratively to support and drive substantial cultural and strategic change and provide the infrastructure, processes and tools to support this.
This African Innovator Roundtable on Innovation in Healthcare has been developed to provide critical input for stakeholders in healthcare, providing objective, timely evaluation of the different healthcare challenges and applications, and solutions for tackling them.
To book visit http://www.africaninnovatormagazine.com/healthcare.html or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org ; Tel: +27 11 026 0982