Vodacom South Africa is stepping forward in order to offer students a better way to access educational content. Vodacom is allowing students to access five South African educational websites, which have bee approved by the Department of Education, without data costs being charged to their account.
The promotion will remain live until March 2015.
Vodacom subscribers will have access the following educational websites:
- Everything Science books: www.everythingscience.co.za
- Department of Basic Education: www.education.gov.za
- Foundation: www.digitalclassroom.co.za
- Mindset Learn: www.mindset.co.za/learn
- Everything Maths books: www.everythingmaths.co.za
According to Vodacom, students who use these websites will not be charged for the data used on each site; however, the company will be excluding sources like Wikipedia from the campaign.
Vodacom’s overall education drive has involved equipping 40 ICT teacher training centres across the country and equipping almost 900 schools with ICT resources.