Airtel Uganda has been voted the Best Digital Financial Service for 2014. The award was received at the Digital Impact Awards Africa.
According to Airtel Uganda: “With Airtel Money, customers now get a wider access through nationwide agents and transact with one single code *185# to send and receive money across networks at the lowest rates and enjoy more services on Airtel Money.”
The extensive proficiency of Airtel’s partners in their respective fields has allowed the company to collaborate with respected businesses to bring consumers in the mobile services space a secure environment.
Airtel has stated that the platform provides instant services when using Airtel Money to transfer money conveniently.
The services include:
– Send money across networks at the most affordable rates as low as 450/=
– Top up airtime, for both self and other Airtel customers and get bonuses
– Pay bills (UMEME, NWSC, Multiplex, URA & all pay TVs – DStv/GoTv, TVNext, StarTimes, ZukuTv, MoTv) instantly and more conveniently.
– Withdraw money the easiest & most convenient way, either at an agent point or ATM (Equity Bank, GTB, Interswitch). The agent spread is now wider for your reach.
– Mobile Banking – access your bank account now with Equity Bank.
The award ceremony was organised by Cyberplc, HiPipo and Global Networks Limited in partnership with Nita-Uganda.