MTN held the 2014 App of the Year Awards on Thursday the 14th of August at The Venue, Melrose Arch. The event, conceptualised by Creative Space Media in partnership with headline sponsor MTN Business, showcased locally developed applications that have made a positive and lasting impact on consumers during the last 12 months. This year’s Gold Sponsors included Samsung, Core Group, Microsoft, Nokia and mLab.
The overall winner at the 2014 MTN App of the year Awards was Live Inspect. The Live Inspect app can be found on the Google Play Store and iStore. The app has been designed in order to assist insurance underwriters to perform accurate vehicle inspections, by utilising their smartphone.
Category winners this year included Zapper, SuperSport and Vigo.
The Winners are as follows:
- Best Android app (enterprise) — Live Inspect
- Best app use of Microsoft cloud services — Vigo
- Best app for the Microsoft platform — Zapper
- Best garage developer app — Rea Vaya
- Most innovative app — Wildlife Tracker
- Best iOS app (consumer) — SuperSport
- Best iOS app (enterprise) — SyncMobile
- Best Android app (consumer) — My Belongings