It News Africa got a sneak peek into the details of the a new streaming application, which is being rolled out by MTN Nigeria. According to the company, the app is set to redefine and revolutionise the entertainment industry in Nigeria.
The app named Music+ is a converged music streaming and download platform, optimised for mobile and online access and is socially enabled to accommodate cross-user activity. The app will be free; however prices for content may vary.
- Experience and form a Mobile Music lifestyle
- Stream songs or subscribe service to download songs.
- Navigate from one song/song category to the other freely.
- Get loyalty point from consumption activities (eg. Subscription, download, gift)
- Offline Streaming
- Intelligent Radio Recommendation (Smart recommendation of song from the app based on your listening history)
- Callertunez Integration
- Exclusive Songs by A-list African artists before official release
- Cloud – One Account, Your songs on all your devices
- Cheapest Data Allocation
- In-APP Data Balance Enquiry
- Facebook Login
- No Advert disruptions during music play
- Y’ello Top 10, MTN Fuse and MTN Project Fame Syndication
- Convenient Subscription plans and Payment Method
- Video Streaming
- Sharing songs to facebook or twitter
- Listening music radio (Special playlist recommended by platform)
- Use voucher to purchase songs with discount or even free
- Use credit to purchase songs for free
- Gift songs to friends
The app is believed to go live in July; however, no official date has been confirmed.